Why become a member? ×

Dave Peacock

KingPrawn

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1483461436' post='3207321']
Just realised I've seen them - they were on the Knebworth bill in '79.
Back on topic, can't stand 'em but you can't deny their talent - and Dave's singing over those tricky bass lines too.
[/quote]

Love it!

• 8 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I had the good fortune to see Chas and Dave last ight and Dave's bass playing had me dumbstruck all night. He's seriously good. I mean, I always had a lot of time for his playing but seeing him do it live was quite something. Nicely showy too, lots of harmonics and drop D switching going on.
One of the tightest live acts I've ever seen - absolute demons the pair of 'em. Good drummer too :lol:

A nice unexpected bonus was seeing Jackie Lynton supporting.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1505739123' post='3373888']
Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I had the good fortune to see Chas and Dave last ight and Dave's bass playing had me dumbstruck all night. He's seriously good. I mean, I always had a lot of time for his playing but seeing him do it live was quite something. Nicely showy too, lots of harmonics and drop D switching going on.
One of the tightest live acts I've ever seen - absolute demons the pair of 'em. Good drummer too :lol:

A nice unexpected bonus was seeing Jackie Lynton supporting.
[/quote]Jackie Lynton, blimey, been about for years.

Many years ago i used to play in a band with Chas's daughter Juliet on keyboards.

We rehearsed in the barn/studio at his house weekly - every now and then Chas, Dave and Mickey would turn up late at night with a box of cigars, a few bottles of brandy and a pack of cards (for the ongoing poker tournament) and kick us out saying they were just going to write and record the next album. I used to hang about a bit after and watch and they were all stunning players. They would literally just lock themselves in until they were finished.

We used to pile in the house after rehearsals and scoff toast and tea with the family (his wife Jo was an ex Playboy bunny girl i think) - and i remember they had a big open fireplace with a really old Precision stuffed in the corner of it right next to the flames.

A lovely group of people - very grounded and unaffected by it all but fantastic company

Edited by Mudpup

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1505768701' post='3374227']
Many years ago i used to play in a band with Chas's daughter Juliet on keyboards.

We rehearsed in the barn/studio at his house weekly - every now and then Chas, Dave and Mickey would turn up late at night with a box of cigars, a few bottles of brandy and a pack of cards (for the ongoing poker tournament) and kick us out saying they were just going to write and record the next album. I used to hang about a bit after and watch and they were all stunning players. They would literally just lock themselves in until they were finished.

We used to pile in the house after rehearsals and scoff toast and tea with the family (his wife Jo was an ex Playboy bunny girl i think) - and i remember they had a big open fireplace with a really old Precision stuffed in the corner of it right next to the flames.

A lovely group of people - very grounded and unaffected by it all but fantastic company
[/quote]

Did they have a nice sideboard?

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1483461436' post='3207321']
Just realised I've seen them - they were on the Knebworth bill in '79.
Back on topic, can't stand 'em but you can't deny their talent - and Dave's singing over those tricky bass lines too.
[/quote]

(grin) `At`s because you are a Northern Bastid, though! Take a course in remedial cockney and you`ll love them. I love running their Youtube vids and seeing the CLOSED CAPTIONS roll over and die trying to interpret gorblimey into english. Tried doing a couple of their songs when I lived in Nashville and gave up rather than answer all the questions....

Edited by ivansc

I always rated Dave Peacock's bass playing (and Chas Hodges for that matter - he's on a Jerry Lee Lewis album I have - and pretty fine bass playing as well) - of their sessions stuff, I only found out fairly recently they are both on this (memorable bit starts at 2 mins 10 secs - Dave on bass, Chas on guitar.

http://youtu.be/xKISdd2mKzU

Edited by drTStingray

• 2 years later...