Why become a member? ×

A tribute to the bass players of Pompeii ?

"[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][font=Arial][color="#331333"]It is a Jazz Bass style body that Chavez personally walked up Mount Vesuvius and held under a lava flow at the[b] customers request[/b] [[i]sic[/i]]"[/color][/font][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][font=Arial][color="#331333"]So can I presume the customer who made this request looked at the results (and/or the wonky neck pickup) and changed his mind?[/color][/font][/font][/size]

[quote name='loweringthetone' timestamp='1482355611' post='3199892']
[size=6] abomination......[/size] :o

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/812-Guitars-Custom-Bass-/361677361913?hash=item5435a692f9:g:kdgAAOSwtnpXpPc4"]http://www.ebay.co.u...dgAAOSwtnpXpPc4[/url]
[/quote]

As above

If Chavez had really ventured up Mount Vesuvius and held this under a lava flow, I would suspect that bits of Chavez would also be part of the finish!

Maybe he needs to raise money for plastic surgery :)

"Generally I ship within 24 hours but I often travel throughout the US to acquire the guitars".

Personally I'd just chuck it in the Atlantic.

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='chriswareham' timestamp='1482414474' post='3200327']
Lots of bull in that description. There are no lava flows on Vesuvius currently, only sulphurous steam vents. I don't think there has been any lava flows since 1999.
[/quote]

Are you suggesting that somebody on eBay is saying something other than the truth??? :o :o Has that ever happened?? ;) ;)