Why become a member? ×

Anyone buys themseves a Xmas present?

SH73

Not a present as such (for reasons that will become obvious), but I got a new nVidia graphics processor in attempt to fix a BSOD issue with my gaming computer. Turns out the old GPU wasn't at fault after all (no, honestly... ) and will be available at a thread near you in due course, so I guess that will have to go down as my 'Christmas' spend for this year...

What's worse, the problem hasn't entirely gone away even now despite significant biting of bullets/going against better judgement/swallowing of pride/etc. and installing Win10 - not to mention extended (and ongoing) testing and troubleshooting the like of which I haven't done in years. :(

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1482510019' post='3201216']
I've got welding tools from the wife for Christmas but I've a few more things in my watch list including a big bottle of gas which can't be posted so I might see if I can collect it while I'm off. We had a new car this year so that has wiped us out, jam sandwiches for Christmas at our house :)
[/quote]

Laughing gas?

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1482491188' post='3200972']
Just ordered an Ashdown RM-500. If it works out ok I`ll probably defect from Aguilar to Ashdown as the sound seems to have a bit more oomph to it.
[/quote]

Well I like the RM, not used in a band practice yet but having used Ashdown gear before I know I`ll like it. So bagged myself an ABM 600 Evo IV today - new, for £499, a saving of £150 from the rrp.

I seem to have accidentally bought a Mac Mini server! How on earth did that happen?

Also I noticed today in my email that some chap is sending me a copy of logic Pro 9 ! Astounding - just what I wanted!
Maybe there IS a Santa after all.
:lol:

Anyway - Happy Xmas and prosperous new year to you all down here in the low country.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1482803498' post='3202847']
I discovered that radio controlled Technic Lego was a thing on Christmas Eve, so I bought me some of that
[/quote]

I saw an ad for the new Mattel remote controlled car THAT CONVERTS TO A PLANE AND TAKES OFF !!!

I'm 55 but when I saw that I was 14 again hehe

now , which nephew am I going to buy if for? :)