Why become a member? ×

Overwater Progress 3 Elite 5 string ****SOLD*****
£1800

k50

Beautiful 5 string Elite with exhibition grade Koa rear and full front . Mahogany core ,rosewood fingerboard and flamed maple neck laminates . Regularly serviced at Overwater with current electronics . This is the top of the range and in extremely good condition with only one small ding on the rear body , see photo. Hiscox case £1800 plus delivery.Reduced £1300
[url="http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/overwater1/media/20161218_122954.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/overwater1/media/20161218_123009_1.jpg.html"][/url][url="http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/overwater1/media/20161218_123038.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by k50

36" scale with 18mm spacing , weight around 10lb . I'll do a bathroom scales job tomorrow but it's quite reasonable and it does balance exceptionally well . Thanks for all the positive comments . Build year is 2004 , think I'm the second owner . Bought it directly off overwater around ten years ago.

Edited by k50

Pretty sure this was the Overwater Prog/El-5 that suffered severe lacquer cracking when quite new. I had it c.2005-6 (but wasn't the first owner) and had it professionally refinished during that time. Sold locally. I think it's had quite a few owners since then. If it's not been refin'd since, then it'll still have the satin (Marleaux) (re)finish from c.2006.

[quote name='k50' timestamp='1482107219' post='3197744']
Wow thanks for the info ! Let's meet up for a pint and discuss these multiple owners and issues !
Since i bought this bass approximately ten years ago it has certainly not had any other owners , refinished or even played by anyone else . It's only been gigged about 6 times in the last ten years four of which being weddings hence its in excellent condition , regularly serviced by Overwater with the electronics upgraded a few year back .
[/quote]
No problem - nice to see the bass again, and in the same (excellent) condition as it was when it came back from Germany. Not sure of the actual owners - seems it had a few (at least 4) prior to you, but it's obviously been well looked after which is a greater consideration than the no. of owners. I think it's dated 5/1/2004 (?) which happened to be the birth date (day/month; not year!!) of the local (TS) player who had it after me. Re. 'issues' (?) - none that I was aware of, other than the refinish required due to the cracked lacquer. If I can find them I'll add some photos from 2005 / 2006 which show before&after. Great bass, and Koa is really hard to source now, apparently. BoLWTS.

Edited by eubassix

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...