Why become a member? ×

Bands, who had songs that were the same as the band name.

MacDaddy

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1481898095' post='3196109']
Focus have several songs titled Focus I, Focus II etc.
Currently up to 9 I think.
[/quote]

Not only that, but on the original release of their first album, "Focus plays Focus" (the one currently known as "In and out of Focus" in normal countries, and "In And Out Of Focus" in other places), they had a whopping [b]two[/b] versions of a song called just "Focus" without any numbering attached.
Later versions of the album would call them "Focus (vocal)" and "Focus (instrumental)", but IIRC the very first release dropped the additions altogether or had no more than one such addition.

How cool is that.

Incidentally, one of my own bands was partially re-named after a song of ours, so this does honor the thread title.
("Quaars-Liebrechts" was changed to "Quasar Librax".)

Motörhead by Motörhead was the first one that sprang to mind, but alas, I was beaten to the punch.

Instead I'll nominate Miles Davis for his cryptic self-referencing on the Live-Evil album. Track 1 is called 'Sivad' (Davis backwards), and disc 2 starts with 'Selim' (Miles backwards).

Clever, those jazz musicians. :happy:

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1481897615' post='3196098']
Ramones.

Although the song was actually called R.A.M.O.N.E.S.

Bit of an odd one as it was actually a cover of a Motorhead song from the '1916' album which Lemmy wrote in tribute to the band which they then started performing themselves towards the end of their career.

Edit: and here it is, with a guest appearance from the man himself.

[media]http://youtu.be/yo7hAyonWqE[/media]
[/quote]marvellous, it's a lot more common than you would imagine, Pennywise

I write so when I was in a band called Beautiful Skin I wrote a track called Beautiful Skin!

When I was in a band called Deep Red I wrote a track called Deep red!

Neither band lasted long enough to record them but all was not lost as the band I'm in at the moment recorded Deep Red. I hope too record Beautiful Skin myself sometime.

Edited by Pinball