Why become a member? ×

Live streaming other peoples gigs

Woodinblack

I was at a placebo gig yesterday, but it is something I have seen before and wondered about.

Before the gig there were big signs with 'no mobile phones' icons on them, which seemed a bit pointless.
The group came on and as usual, all the really tall people stand their with their arms up and their mobiles filming, so you have to see the gig through gaps round them and their phones.
I normally take a few pictures of the gig, as I take a lot of pictures generally, but went to take my camera out and decided not to, as well, might as well just remember it and 'live in the moment' (without being one of those holier than though people, it actually seemed a good idea).

What is new to me though was that the person in front of me was live streaming the gig onto facebook. I have seen some of these live streams from friends on facebook, never really watched them as they tend to have really crap sound and shaky video, but I was thinking that it seems kind of rude to stream someone elses gig onto facebook, especially when they asked you not to, in a way like recording and selling dodgy videos in the 80s.

Does it seem to anyone else as rude or just par for the course?

In term of the local pub band. when the person knows what they're doing, meaning broadcasting decent quality audio a video I think it's fine.

Blue

Off topic, Daryl Jones

I doubt he will ever be offered full band nembership.

The Stones are a very English enterprise. They are not going to let any Yankees in, IMO

Edited by blue

Just the fact that people film absolutely everything winds me up. They spend so much time dicking about with their phones they miss most of the gig!
Take the memory & experience with you not a shaky bit of vid & gargling sh*tty distorted sound.
Boils my piss!
& relax, calming cup of tea, Norm?
Ta, that would be lovely.

I tend to watch the show properly.
If I do film any of it, it is with my camera under my chin and not in people's way.
It may go on Youtoob later on.
I don't live stream anything i have bought tickets for.

Example:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhRZVomtJyk&t=4s[/media]

Edited by 12stringbassist

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1481720139' post='3194509']
Just the fact that people film absolutely everything winds me up. They spend so much time dicking about with their phones they miss most of the gig!
Take the memory & experience with you not a shaky bit of vid & gargling sh*tty distorted sound.
Boils my piss!
& relax, calming cup of tea, Norm?
Ta, that would be lovely.
[/quote]

im with norm, :i-m_so_happy:
very anoying
if you want to watch the gig through a phone whats the point of you coming ? go home and watch youtube and stop anoying everyone.
when they walk right up to the stage and shove a phone in your face, yea very anoying...
stop it and just enjoy the gig

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1481894836' post='3196054']
I'll agree that recording the whole gig through a phone or other device must take a lot away from being there and otherwise enjoying it. However, I think a lot has to be said for recording a song or two as a memento. I think it's a great keepsake from a gig that you really enjoyed. I'm in the process of uploading a video at the moment from the Clutch gig at Camden last night which i think came out rather well.

The were a lot more annoying things occurring in the crowd last night than someone standing there with their phone in front of them!
[/quote]

I hardly notice it. If someone wants to live stream a couple of songs at one of our gigs, Go ahead, we're not that important and we don't take ourselves that seriously

Blue