Why become a member? ×

Noble preamp, any BC owners?

Kevsy71

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1503672041' post='3360210']
Cheers for clearing that up - makes my GAS much less acute!
[/quote]

I haven't had any noise issues with mine when running several pedals on gigs - is that your concern?

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1503739822' post='3360615']
I am envious of everyone that owns the Noble, I have an Avalon and JDI that are great and I never thought I would find something I like more, but then used the Noble once and have been secretly lusting for one ever since.
[/quote]

Only one cure for secret gear lust ;)

[quote name='TKenrick' timestamp='1504042782' post='3362357']
I haven't had any noise issues with mine when running several pedals on gigs - is that your concern?
[/quote]

To be honest it's not a concern in the true sense of the word as I wasn't seriously considering buying one any time soon - far too many other things on the shopping list. I just would have hoped that for the money these cost you would at least have gotten some isolation...then it could feasibly serve double duty as a high end power supply as well as a boutique preamp/DI. As it stands I'd want to power my board by other means.

Anyway, I'm not here to slate the Noble. I'd still like to try one some day!

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1504047829' post='3362389'] To be honest it's not a concern in the true sense of the word as I wasn't seriously considering buying one any time soon - far too many other things on the shopping list. I just would have hoped that for the money these cost you would at least have gotten some isolation...then it could feasibly serve double duty as a high end power supply as well as a boutique preamp/DI. As it stands I'd want to power my board by other means. Anyway, I'm not here to slate the Noble. I'd still like to try one some day! [/quote]

Its fine unless you have any digital pedals. I find I rely on it for powering my board now as I do for it being a Pre/DI!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sk8 said:

and..............

....I am loving it! simple and easy to use, less knobs means less room for errors for me :-D

I had a Monique before and it definitely have the same vibe. 

Its a keeper for me. 

2A1E2D3F-6C68-4BFF-A45D-0C0CC656C96A.jpeg

Edited by ordep

14 hours ago, ordep said:

....I am loving it! simple and easy to use, less knobs means less room for errors for me :-D

I had a Monique before and it definitely have the same vibe. 

Its a keeper for me. 

2A1E2D3F-6C68-4BFF-A45D-0C0CC656C96A.jpeg

What a board!

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
23 hours ago, Duroc17 said:

Blind test I picked the noble blind won’t say which it is but the Radial JDI at a quarter the price sounded good too

Thanks for posting that.

My personal preferences were: 1) Noble. 2) Zod 3) RedDi 4) Radial JDI. and I wasn't keen on the other three.  If the Ampeg and Colourbox had been dialled in differently I might have liked them but I wasn't keen on the sounds from the clips above.

I can't justify the expense of the noble, particularly with how the £ has been doing in this last week!  But, the Radial JDI would be very convenient on a board with required pedals and EQ (or an active bass).  The Zod and Reddi sound great but they are far too big.

Edited by BillyBass

9 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

Thanks for posting that.

My personal preferences were: 1) Noble. 2) Zod 3) RedDi 4) Radial JDI. and I wasn't keen on the other three.  If the Ampeg and Colourbox had been dialled in differently I might have liked them but I wasn't keen on the sounds from the clips above.

I can't justify the expense of the noble, particularly with how the £ has been doing in this last week!  But, the Radial JDI would be very convenient on a board with required pedals and EQ (or an active bass).  The Zod and Reddi sound great but they are far too big.

I agree if money was no object then Noble but I did see another video on that guys channel looking at the Ampeg and it does look versatile- more research needed

23 hours ago, Duroc17 said:

Blind test I picked the noble blind won’t say which it is but the Radial JDI at a quarter the price sounded good too

I follow Phil Conrad and checked this out when it was uploaded. I think dialling in distortion was a mistake and making them as similar as possible was the way forward. I’m surprised he didn’t include a VTDI and a Bassbone too. I didn’t listen with headphones (unlike Phil’s guinea pigs) and the differences in the mix were minimal, except the JHS and Ampeg (because of the distortion) and the Pyle (midrange spike), this was also pretty much the case soloed. The size and weight of the REDDI and Zod make them for studio use only IMO. The Noble has such a reputation that the price is silly (same goes for the Klon Centaur in the overdrive world) and much cheaper products do the job just as well.

• Like 1

I watched on my iMac which is great for bass - the Noble did sound more how I like bass to sound but as you said minimal - as most of the guys said on the clip - so JDI or Ampeg might be more of a proposition- also imagine losing a Noble at a gig! If I was a pro bassist maybe. The Sean Hurley Noble vids are good but he’d make anything sound good as it’s technique more than anything 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just reviving this one to ask if anyone uses their Noble with a valve amp, or would it not be beneficial, I already get the sound I want from my V4B but I’m quite impressed with all the videos I’ve watched on the noble 

On 25/08/2017 at 15:15, CameronJ said:

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to - are the power supply outlets on the Noble isolated?

No for that feature it would have been another 250 quid!

On 01/10/2022 at 11:28, Duroc17 said:

That said for me, I agree, before seeing the results, just listening, my clear favorites were the Radial JDI and the Noble, probably with a small favor to the Noble.

The Colourbox was the only one which I really didn't like, absolutely horrible tone.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

On 25/08/2017 at 14:15, CameronJ said:

are the power supply outlets on the Noble isolated?

As someone who gigs my Noble a LOT, and am running 6 other pedals from the power supply, I noticed very little if any noise.
That said, I'm running 5 low-draw analogue pedals and a digital tuner, so it's not a complicated setup.

Si

On 17/03/2024 at 09:18, Reggaebass said:

Just reviving this one to ask if anyone uses their Noble with a valve amp, or would it not be beneficial, I already get the sound I want from my V4B but I’m quite impressed with all the videos I’ve watched on the noble 

No I don't.  I have a Mesa D800+ where I put the Noble on the front end.  My alternate is a Handbox R 400 on its own, which is a bit less subtle.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

The Colourbox was the only one which I really didn't like, absolutely horrible tone.

I have a colourbox. The tone he has is the tone I try and avoid on it at all costs!