Why become a member? ×

13 minutes ago, grenadillabama said:

The deep bass with the bright,choppy rhythm gtr is very good ! Lead gtr not bad at all ! You should do an album of original songs too.

Thanks for the kind words. Our lead man has an album of material to be recorded, but he has a mammoth amount of studies this year that need to take precedence. Maybe next year.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This gig was almost a complete disaster in terms of getting anything put together that was even remotely watchable/listenable. 

I set my Zoom up in pretty much the only safe place I could with a decent view of the whole of our stage area. What I didn't do was check the camera after everyone, including the singers, were set. As a result, Natalie's face is obscured by her tablet on a stand. D'oh!

Luckily, the promoter decided to film some of the set on a handheld camera and also had the good sense to take some video of the very enthusiastic crowd singing along. So, this chops between both cameras and has a few effects thrown in for variation.

The audio was recorded as a multi-channel through the desk and mixed seperately. I would usually also mix in some of the Zoom audio to give it a bit more of a live feel, but the drum sound was so overwhelming that it sounded better without.

So, Starman - hot off the press. Enjoy (hopefully 😎)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We were in the studio on Sunday to do some recording for a new EPK.

We also had some new photo’s taken.

I would highly recommend Clarissa Debenham Photography if you are considering having some professional photo’s done.

We have worked with her many time’s and she is consistently excellent in every way.

Here is an outtake from Sunday’s session. Love these guys....

7FF273BE-CAE3-40AD-8272-C52574E66351.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

We were in the studio on Sunday to do some recording for a new EPK.

We also had some new photo’s taken.

I would highly recommend Clarissa Debenham Photography if you are considering having some professional photo’s done.

We have worked with her many time’s and she is consistently excellent in every way.

Here is an outtake from Sunday’s session. Love these guys....

7FF273BE-CAE3-40AD-8272-C52574E66351.jpeg

How many hats do you own if it's not a rude question?

Great photo once you get past the bokeh effect.

• 1 month later...

Not a live track as such (as in from a gig), but the backline was recorded live together as a band with guide vocals. Lead vocals and backing were then re-recorded. In fact, the backing vocals haven't been finished yet, but the whole thing is turning out so well that I thought I would share it. I think we did another three or four tracks on that day which will get the same treatment. These have been recorded to form part of an EPK for 2020/21.

• Like 1

Forgot to say, I'm used my Mike Lull BBM5 on this track. One of the few songs that I have need of a 5 string for in this band. I think it's a great sounding bass, super comfortable to play, very light and has a beautiful full sounding B string.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that the reason I have to use a 5'er is because we've dropped it substantially from the original as the old man can't quite get up there any more 😀

0EA796E0-1FEF-468A-99C0-BCA30BF9FB3D_4_5005_c.thumb.jpeg.f48dd4b8c8681babd79822642a590a32.jpeg

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This has been a bit of a challenge for me over the past week or so. 

We recorded a few tracks in the studio a little while back with the intention of using them to make up an EPK for 2020. One thing lead to another and before we knew it gigs were cancelled and there was little to no prospect of getting anything booked for the foreseeable future. So we thought we would use one of the tracks to dedicate a thank you to all the NHS and Front Line Responders out there helping to keep everyone safe.

I've put a few videos together for the band before, but this was a really steep learning curve for me. All the individual elements were recorded at our respective houses using different equipment/frame rates etc and I don't mind telling you, it took a bit of time to get my head around it. It's not perfect (these things never are), but I think it turned out OK in the end.

Please feel free to share it with anyone out there putting themselves on the line as a huge thank you. Stay safe.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

This has been a bit of a challenge for me over the past week or so. 

We recorded a few tracks in the studio a little while back with the intention of using them to make up an EPK for 2020. One thing lead to another and before we knew it gigs were cancelled and there was little to no prospect of getting anything booked for the foreseeable future. So we thought we would use one of the tracks to dedicate a thank you to all the NHS and Front Line Responders out there helping to keep everyone safe.

I've put a few videos together for the band before, but this was a really steep learning curve for me. All the individual elements were recorded at our respective houses using different equipment/frame rates etc and I don't mind telling you, it took a bit of time to get my head around it. It's not perfect (these things never are), but I think it turned out OK in the end.

Please feel free to share it with anyone out there putting themselves on the line as a huge thank you. Stay safe.

Great work, congratulations to all involved.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bassfan said:

Absolutely brilliant. Love this. 😃👍🏻

2 hours ago, Deedee said:

Great work, congratulations to all involved.

3 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Massive payback for your efforts Warren.  It's a cracker!

Thanks guys. It's certainly attracted a bit of positive interest (plus one knobhead who's given a thumbs down on You Tube - but you gotta take the good and bad).

• Like 1