Why become a member? ×

[quote name='No lust in Jazz' timestamp='1481187057' post='3190283']
I enjoyed that, thanks.
[/quote]

You're very welcome. I'll probably get told off by bluejay, but I'll put up some video from earlier in the year.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1481189751' post='3190316']
Great choice for a song!
[/quote]

Yes and quite relavant at the moment too :unsure: It's also a surprisingly difficult song to get sounding even close to reasonable. I think we did OK.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Around about this time last year we went to see Earl Slick play at Colchester Arts Centre. It was a fantastic night with Earl and Bernard Fowler on top form performing the whole of Station to Station and more besides. We were also quite taken with the venue which is a converted church. Well, a year down the line and it was our night and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Here's the last song of the night featuring some ripping sax from multi-instrumentalist Paul Beddow.

Suffragette City

There's a few other clips on You Tube from the same night on the same channel.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is a video from Friday night at Millfield Theatre, Enfield.

The whole gig was pro-recorded, but I also set up my Zoom Q4n at the side of the stage for it's maiden voyage.

You Tube seems to compress the hell out of the image as the raw files look a whole lot better on my Mac.

Next stop: The Bassment, Chelmsford on 25/5/18.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel so privileged to be playing with these guys. They really do put their heart and soul into every performance.

This is one of my favourite moments from this gig. Everyone is right on the money here. 

Strangely my IEM mix had deteriorated (I'm not entirely sure why) to the point that I really couldn't hear any sax at all. So, its been quite nice listening back through all the video to what our multi-talented guy stage right was doing - he also plays bass and drums as well as guitar, sax and being able to sing!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul S said:

Fantastic stuff Warren.  Adam is particularly spot on, isn't he. 

They all are in my eyes. Guitar was the most difficult position to fill. Tony, Dave and I had been talking about reforming the band for some time, but the guitar position was always the stumbling block. 

I think it was at the 2014 Last Resort Show where were all watching Adam play. We thought he would be perfect, but probably not into it. We grabbed him the second he stepped off stage and his said yes without  hesitation. 

Our concerns about the role were borne out in the end as even Adam said there were songs that he was struggling with due to multiple guitar parts. He thought Bedders would be a great fit for stunt guitar with the added benefit of sax and vocals. How right he was!

• 1 month later...

As per my recent status update, I’ve had a steep learning curve with iMovie and syncing together video elements with sound files. It’s taken me a couple of hours a day over a few days, but I think it’s coming together nicely. There’s still a couple of tweaks I want to make, but any suggestions/critique would be welcome. 

Edit: Made a few changes, moved the title card to the beginning and put a new one at the end so they all have the same format as they roll out.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I'm liking that.

About the only thing that'd improve it for me would be to see more of the audience there.

Thank you. I’m pleased there aren’t any glaring rookie errors. 

Audience wise, that’s a bit of a problem at the moment as apart from the close up’s, all the other camera’s were fixed.

I think we are still missing video from at least one camera which wasn’t fixed and I’m hoping to get the video from that on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working on another video from the same gig as Breaking Glass. This is actually the third one, but I haven't quite finished tinkering with the second one yet.

This one was far more challenging than either of the other two in that there were issues with one of the audio files and there were no close-up video shots available, so it was a question of making the best of what we had.

That said, I think Natalie absolutely knocks this one out of the park. It's great to finally be able to get something decent together to showcase her role in the band.

EDIT: There were a couple of things I wasn't happy with in the previous version, so I fixed them 😀

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...