Why become a member? ×

So What Is Your Number 1 Tuner

Thunderbird

Always been a huge Korg fan and loved the pitch black but sold off all my effects including the tuner and have been through a few others such as Planet Waves various Korg models a TC and a few headstock tuners and various Boss models but recently I acquired a Seiko ST900 it is a real old school tuner with the bouncing needle but it is great and tunes bang on so this is my new number one just wondered what you guys liked best :)

When I've used our guitarist's Pitchblack in the past I've found it didn't pick up my low B without having to play the 12th fret harmonic.
My Snark pedal tuner on the other hand picks up the low B (and all the other notes too of course) perfectly every time. Nice clear display too.

Edited by Painy

I have three that see regular use:[list=1]
[*]the built-in one on my Pod XT Live;
[*]my trusty old Korg DT-7;
[*]a cheapo clip-on that does ok with all strings apart from low B.
[/list]
The Korg is the only one I use for anything delicate such as setting intonation.

Love my Planet Waves one, it's my gigger and if I need to do intonation I use it in 'strobe'.
I also bought the Reverb one, which now lives on the bridge of my EUB 'cos it can't read a 'B' (unless it's in guitar setting in which case it can't make its mind up) Still, can't really grumble for 2 quid!

I had the Joyo copy of a PitchBlack and it died after a couple of months, whilst it worked it was OK. I then bought a Mooer Baby Tuner and I have to say that it's much better than the Joyo (and any other tuner I've used), it reacts almost instantly, has a very clear indicator and it's nice and bright so it's visible on stage.

I also have a Zoom B3 that I use (mainly for practising) but it's much slower to react than the Mooer.