Why become a member? ×

Something steamy from Glockenklang

Roland Rock

Glockenklang are about to announce a new product.
They are teasing us by revealing one letter per day on FB. So far we have:

[IMG] http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/christopher_brown14/rackbags/FB_IMG_1481054942623_zpslsq65w6x.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

Anyone know about this new Steamhammer/hog/house/hacker?

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1481057970' post='3189420']
They are revealing one letter a day on Facebook? They must think their customers haven't got a life.
[/quote]

Hah. I don't see many people actively going to their FB page to find out the next letter, rather it will pop up on the normal time line of subscribers (anyone who has 'liked' Glockenklang) on FB.

It's a bit different to the average product launch in its creativity, so gets a thumbs up from me :)

The Steamhammer it is!
[IMG] http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/christopher_brown14/rackbags/Screenshot_2016-12-11-12-19-12_zpshlosrv6u.png[/IMG]

The most obvious difference is that it is 7.5lbs as opposed to the 11lb heads in the current range.

Edited by Roland Rock

Yep. Gotta be an Icepower 700ASC. Everyone - MESA, Genzler, Aguilar, etc - uses ICE modules. Bloody Bang & Olufsen won't sell them to end users, only to OEM manufacturers. A piece of p*ss to build into an amp - make 8 connections and mount the module in a hobby/project case (£40 on eBay), add a decent pre-amp and bingo. But no, us punters have to pay £700 plus to one of the afore-mentioned for the privilege. Hi-fi world is even worse. Plenty of manufacturers put B&O modules in a pretty case, add a few connectors and a pretty blue LED and sell them for thousands. It's rip off city.

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1481536786' post='3192946']
Yep. Gotta be an Icepower 700ASC. Everyone - MESA, Genzler, Aguilar, etc - uses ICE modules. Bloody Bang & Olufsen won't sell them to end users, only to OEM manufacturers. A piece of p*ss to build into an amp - make 8 connections and mount the module in a hobby/project case (£40 on eBay), add a decent pre-amp and bingo. But no, us punters have to pay £700 plus to one of the afore-mentioned for the privilege. Hi-fi world is even worse. Plenty of manufacturers put B&O modules in a pretty case, add a few connectors and a pretty blue LED and sell them for thousands. It's rip off city.
[/quote]

It's just sound business practice IMHO. Providing tech support to one off builders is a potential nightmare, and the liability and regulatory issues are far from trivial. I'd suggest that you vote with your wallet and just buy from Hypex, who have always supported DIY'ers. Or figure out how to write up a sufficiently real looking business prospectus, which worked for me.

Edited by Passinwind

I've fired them a message to ask a couple of questions.
It's not what I was expecting. One thing is for sure, it will be great. They wouldn't release a product to simply fill a gap in the market and if they didn't believe that it delivered.