Why become a member? ×

Basschatters at gigs

Lord Sausage

I try and speak to the bass player afterwards or at half time, but don't usually ask them if they're on here. Don't know why, it just hadn't occurred to me to do so.
If we don't make the effort to tell bass players that they are appreciated, no one will!

PS :And I have met some very nice people too!

Edited by phil.c60

[quote name='phil.c60' timestamp='1480944760' post='3188234']
I try and speak to the bass player afterwards or at half time, but don't usually ask them if they're on here. Don't know why, it just hadn't occurred to me to do so.
If we don't make the effort to tell bass players that they are appreciated, no one will!

PS :And I have met some very nice people too!
[/quote]

I don't approach other musicians at bar gigs.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1480944199' post='3188223']
Always ask, but hardly ever turns out to be a Basschatter - though most have at least heard of us.

Truth is, there are only 17 real people on Basschat. The rest are either Bots or they're JTUK using multiple logins ...
[/quote]

[size=5][b]I'm JTUK...[/b][/size]

I usually go for a chat with the bass player after a gig, not always - just depends on whether I have opportunity, or whether he/she seems to be free. I don't usually ask whether they are BC members. I have asked a couple, but none of them turned out to be - one said he was, but he "never went on there anymore". I've been at gigs where I know another BC member was there, and they came to speak to me, which I thought was great.

I think it's good to chat to other bass players, and of course, other musicians too :)

Edited by Marc S

I already knew that our own chris_b sometimes played with the house band at my local jam night (in fact it might even have been Chris that recommended it to me in the first place!), but I've met another chap there too. I asked him about the rather tasty Jazz bass he was playing, and he said he'd bought it via BC...I never did find out his screen name, though!

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1480952246' post='3188347']
You can easily tell when there are Basschatters at our gigs.

We get drowned out by the sound of tutting when we start Mustang Sally.
[/quote]

They wouldn't get that far at our gigs, music stand, 5 string bass and more than one bass and guitar each on stage, I'm surprised anyone stays past the sound check!

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1480952246' post='3188347']
You can easily tell when there are Basschatters at our gigs.

We get drowned out by the sound of tutting when we start Mustang Sally.
[/quote]

We obviously didn't have any at our gig last Saturday then, MS went down well, as it always does!

Guest bassman7755

I've never knowingly had a basschatter at one of my gigs, I live in hope though, would be cool is someone came up and said hello.

Edited by bassman7755

Let me just say that not all of you can be me... I'm sorry but thanks for the sentiment. :lol:

As for gigs, I tend to know a lot quite a few of the musicians and I'm sure hardly any of the bass players would be BC-ers

Out of the very few BC-ers bass players that I might meet, they don't have much good to say ...which is probably why they don't post much.