Why become a member? ×

Who uses a Kemper for live?

nash

[quote name='nash' timestamp='1480452050' post='3184572']
Totally thinking about getting one. Only thing putting me off is that the powered version only goes to 8ohms.
[/quote]

Depends how many cabs you want to run... but it will power a single 212, 410 etc no problem. I have to say, they are better for guitar than bass though.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1480453024' post='3184582']

Depends how many cabs you want to run... but it will power a single 212, 410 etc no problem. I have to say, they are better for guitar than bass though.
[/quote]

That's where the problem lies for me as most of the time I'll be using a shared backline cab.

Also it's another reason I'd like one is because I like playing guitar as well.

Had a powered rack version. It was bought for a silent backline type of setup but I occasionally ran it with an Eden 4ohm cab with no issues even with the the power amp boost on.

It's a great bit of kit but........my personal thought is that it's overkill for a live bass setup when I realised that, apart from me, nobody gives a sh*t whether you're playing a mesa, GK, markbass or whatever profile on it or it made a blind bit of difference to the way the band sounded as a whole. Doubling up on guitar would be much more of a justification for getting one as I can see it working well with that arrangement especially if you record a lot (I don't)

It was an interesting experiment and I'm now DI'ing directly into our XR18 mixer with no effects and sending an aux out to a power amp / barefaced supertwin setup which works for me.

It does have lots of lights on it though which is never a bad thing !

i have one, the unpowered version, it sounds great but i wouldnt use it live unless i was playing a big tour and could rely on the pa and monitoring to be top notch.(and even then i might probably just take my darkglass m900)
if i played guitar live it would be my go to amp as its more versatile and you get the tonal benefits more in a live situation.
you just dont need all the features for live bass.

Edited by winterfire666

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='intime-nick' timestamp='1480809561' post='3187314']
It's a great bit of kit but........my personal thought is that it's overkill for a live bass setup when I realised that, apart from me, nobody gives a sh*t whether you're playing a mesa, GK, markbass or whatever profile on it or it made a blind bit of difference to the way the band sounded as a whole.
[/quote]

Surely if your using profiles of standard amps then any decent amp modeller would do, many of them have bass and guitar amp models.

• 1 month later...

I remembered this thread and thought I would make you aware of the following -

[url="http://ritteramps.com/camplifier/"]http://ritteramps.com/camplifier/[/url]

Also, to the OP... if you read the manual, it states that its stable to 600w @ 4 Ohm.

Edited by EBS_freak

• 2 weeks later...