Why become a member? ×

Alt tabbing out of Reaper mutes Reaper!

Mornats

This is strange as it's only just started happening.

I'm playing audio in Reaper and if I alt-tab out it will mute the sound until I alt tab back into Reaper.

I'm running Reaper through my Focusrite Forte and my PC is set to use the onboard Asus Xonar Essence. Usually I can alt tab out fine. It's really annoying as I use the Forte Control software to manage the volume so I have a need to alt tab out. And like I said, it's never done this before now so I'm not sure why it's happening. Any help?

I'm running the latest version of Reaper on Win 10.

lurksalot said:

what is alt tab out :blink:

It's Windows functionality. When one has several applications open at the same time, the keyboard combination of 'Alt - Tab' (hold down 'Alt' and then press 'Tab'...) will cycle through each application in turn, bringing them each to the fore. It's not often that I use it, as, being old, I don't tend to open loads of Windows at a time. It's handy, though, in some circumstances.

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Steelyad' timestamp='1480794068' post='3187238']
It's supposed to do that, it's disengaging the audio drivers. If you don't want it to do that, you can change it in the settings
[/quote]

I couldn't track down anything in the settings to do that, it was driving me mad! It's strange as it's never done that before but a restart of the PC sorted it out.

[quote name='Steelyad' timestamp='1481230264' post='3190877']
[url="http://hoppolestudio.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/reaper-close-audio.jpg"]http://hoppolestudio...close-audio.jpg[/url]

Found it
[/quote]

Cheers! If it happens again I'll check that option. Interestingly, it's ticked for me but I can still switch applications and have audio playing. Like I said in my original post, that's handy as my Focusrite Forte control panel (volume control etc.) is a separate app and I need to switch to that whilst audio is playing.