Why become a member? ×

Not sure what to do here?

Fisheth

I'm selling a bass on one of these private selling group things and I've had tons of interest, one of which from someone is for a kid who's fifteen and it would be their Christmas present. We've semi-arranged to drop the bass off at his sisters, which is insanely close to where I live, I had to leave for a rehearsal last night and I posted "if you've got any more questions, feel free to message and I'll reply when I get back"

As of now I've heard nothing back from them, but I have at least three people who are local wanting to come round and see it.

What should I do here?

What I've done in the past is give the first in line a day or two to sort it out, some people aren't on Facebook as much as others so it can be a pain to sort the delivery/cash. Also keep others who have asked about in the loop as well, so they know where they stand. If you do just offer it to someone else people have the tendency to make it public on these groups if they feel hard done by....Not all the time but I'm sure some of us have seen these types of posts, best to avoid that situation if you can :)

I assume this is for the Chris Aiken P bass? If it helps, I'll take it off your hands if everything else falls through :lol:

Edited by BassApprentice

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1479896455' post='3180057']
What should I do here?
[/quote]

You take control.

Tell them you'd like to drop the bass off and complete the sale at a time and place, and would they confirm that this is OK by a particular time as there are others interested.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1479901950' post='3180109']

You take control.

Tell them you'd like to drop the bass off and complete the sale at a time and place, and would they confirm that this is OK by a particular time as there are others interested.
[/quote]

This.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1479903852' post='3180130']
Personally, the only person I'd be dropping it at would be the buyer. Not a third party, and I'd want cash there and then.
[/quote]

Yeah, I mean that was my concern too, but if they can pay by Paypal/Bank Transfer it's less of a worry for me.

[quote name='ChunkyMunky' timestamp='1479904625' post='3180141']
Ask them if they still want it and tell them you've got others waiting as well. At least, if they're strugglign to afford it, there's an opt-out option and you'll be able to shift said bass quick enough. It's a win-win situation for all parties involved.
[/quote]

Just done this, I'll keep you all updated.