Why become a member? ×

Basschat at the LONDON BASS GUITAR SHOW 2017

seashell

I usually stay in Walton on Thames and get the train up from there. Looks like there is going to be engineering works which will make it impossible to get the overground from Clapham Junction to Olympia! Bugger.

I'm now looking at perhaps staying in Richmond. Train from there to Wilseden Green and then overground.

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone else is thinking of getting the overground from Clapham Junction.

Edited by seashell

I'll be there on the Saturday! Whoop :)

I think this is the first year I'm actually travelling alone (so far) and don't have to run away for a gig, or to pick up my son, or indeed to take him somewhere other than the London bass show haha. He survived an hour last year...

[quote name='MisterT' timestamp='1485339734' post='3223188']
Missed the discount like a proper Charlie. Sunday booked.

I therefore propose to drink £4's worth of tea at the BC stand.
[/quote]

I'll bring my finest loose leaf FTGOP1, should be about £4 a cup :)

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1484853119' post='3219168']
Sat most likely for me too, unless a gig occurs of course.
[/quote]
[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1484857194' post='3219222']
Same as last year? You, me and Si? I think aDx will also be joining us...
[/quote]

Sounds good to me, Mick

This'll be my first time this year! I always forgot to get tickets. And this year I've magically ended up with two. So I have one for sale at a discount price if someone's interested.

But more importantly I'd love to get a low down on what to look out for especially or any tips people may have. Like don't take a credit card for example....

Well I just tried to buy a ticket in the name of my company, Rock-Wire Limited, but because I do not have a VAT number I was unable to do so. Not all companies are registered for VAT. Also the ticket web site is a dreadful design, asking for the same information to be entered 3 times and putting a time limit on data entry. Not a good way to encourage people to buy tickets. {/rant]

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1486590228']Also the ticket web site is a dreadful design, asking for the same information to be entered 3 times
[/quote]

With you on that score, it should be a fookload smoother than that. Life's too short, some of my old sites (I build the blighters for a living) are shocking by modern standards but some punters just think 'if it ain't broke / why pay more' etc.

Saying all that, l I'm really looking forward to it!

Looking forward, as always to seeing and playing the new Spector basses..... maybe the new GK Plex..... and definitely the new Darkglass amp. Apart from that, I will have earplugs in and desperately trying to avoid the slapfest nonsense it normally descends into....