Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
seashell

Basschat at the LONDON BASS GUITAR SHOW 2017

I've been most years but has Norman Watt-Roy ever performed at LBGS?
I'd be disappointed if I've missed it over the years and if not, it would be great to see him there one year

Having missed every single LBGS so far, I was promising myself that I'd go this year....

...and as it turns out, it's going to be about a week after my scheduled carpal tunnel surgery. Great. :( Fingers crossed for 2018, then.

Still hoping for Bona/Palladino/Spalding/Pastorius (Felix obviously)
Barenaked Ladies' Jim Creeggan would also be a great call, fantastic player and writer!

Obviously budget is restrictive for american players, but still, I can hope :)

Si

I've never been to an event like this, so excuse me if it's a silly question, but, would basses be likely to come at a discount at something like this, or do people try stuff out and then just order it online cheaper when they get home?

[quote name='DangerDan' timestamp='1482243780' post='3198765']
I've never been to an event like this, so excuse me if it's a silly question, but, would basses be likely to come at a discount at something like this, or do people try stuff out and then just order it online cheaper when they get home?
[/quote]A bit of both. Some stuff is a little discounted. I think most of it about the same price, but there is plenty to try

Got a reminder email just now. It said early bird discounts end at midnight. Went to book tickets and Earlybird sales had ended. Probably won't go now. It is probably really well organised but for me it is 100% cods up to date. Edited by Chienmortbb

I see Nik Huber guitars will be there. Chances of a Krautster II with a Bigsby at a massive discount?

Well, I've only found out about it by reading this thread today; It might be worth strolling in on the Saturday, though.

Looking forward to my 4th show.
Who would you like to see there?
My LBGS wish would be Heinrik Linder and Nathan East oh and Pino of course.

Cody Wright... restricted to one day, I'm going on whatever day they put him on!

[size=4][color=#6A6A6A][font=arial, sans-serif][b]No Maruszczyk?? One of my mates is interested in trying/buying one - there's still time for them to join up isn't there?[/b][/font][/color][/size] Edited by TheGreek

If Adrian and crew are going I'm giving it a miss. I can't afford a divorce at the moment!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Tickets and hotel booked - Charic and I will be at the Basschat stand so come and say hello!! We'll have some polo shirts and a bunch of lanyards to give away. We'll sort a schedule of 'meet times' when we know the plan. I'll try and bring a kettle [/font][/color] :)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]P.s I'm sending out an email soon with an exclusive offer for BC members.[/font][/color]

Planning to go on the Sunday as part of a London visit with some of the family for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

I'm sending a bulk email currently but for anyone who doesn't see it, use the code 'BASSCHAT' for a 20% discount

www.londonbassguitarshow.com/buy-tickets

Cheers
ped

I have created a Facebook event for [url="https://www.facebook.com/events/254765368291418/"]Basschat at the LBGS[/url]! :)

Wish I lived a bit closer to London when things like this come up.

Is it just me who thinks it means something other than bass guitars when they see LBGS? :huh:
I thought I was getting 20% off a roger from Roger!

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1484751952' post='3218092']
Wish I lived a bit closer to London when things like this come up.

Is it just me who thinks it means something other than bass guitars when they see LBGS? :huh:
I thought I was getting 20% off a roger from Roger!
[/quote]

Funnily enough when I lived in Oxfordshire it was a real pain to get to, but from York it's much easier via the fast train. Go figure.

And yes, me too :o