Why become a member? ×

Basschat at the LONDON BASS GUITAR SHOW 2017

seashell

[quote name='DangerDan' timestamp='1482243780' post='3198765']
I've never been to an event like this, so excuse me if it's a silly question, but, would basses be likely to come at a discount at something like this, or do people try stuff out and then just order it online cheaper when they get home?
[/quote]

I was at the Eden Amps stand and they were offering a few bits of kit at 'show price'. They were discounted but I can't speak for every stand.

For me, its the fact that there is so much variety of high quality kit in the same room and being able to try most things out. I think that is the strength of the merchandising as opposed to the cheeky discounts.

[quote name='DangerDan' timestamp='1482243780' post='3198765']
I've never been to an event like this, so excuse me if it's a silly question, but, would basses be likely to come at a discount at something like this, or do people try stuff out and then just order it online cheaper when they get home?
[/quote]

I am working with MSL again this year on the Markbass stand. There are going to be some VERY interesting "Show Days Only" offers (you'll be totally wasting your time trying to search for bettor pricing online!) made available by the various shops there who are MB dealers, so if you are considering Markbass or want to add to your rig, come and see us.

... be good to meet up even if you are not shopping for amps though!! :P

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1488384998' post='3248493']
I'm going on saturday, I'll pop over and say hi to Ped.
BTW I'll be trying stuff out using a plectrum!!

Hopefully some of us will work out who we are!!
[/quote]

Jolly good! You can grab a Basschat lanyard from us at the stand and write your name on a bit of card :)

I will be there!!

Expect my Instagram feed to have various pictures appearing too: [url="https://www.instagram.com/danveallbassist/"]@DanVeallBassist [/url] - Give me a follow.

It's worth folks checking their journeys as the tube over that way is a little screwy this weekend. The Olympia link from Earl's Court is out, as is London Overground coming from the south towards Olympia.

Edited by NickD

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1488470267' post='3249240']
I checked the picadilly line from St Pancras to Barons court and it was ok yesterday. Get off at Barons Court and olympia is a 10 minute walk
[/quote]Lucky I saw this. I will have to print a map off to walk in from Barons Court then

Walking from Earl's Court and High St Kensington is no big problem either. There are plenty of buses head that way too, and that early in the morning at weekends it's not the usual horrible experience... usually pretty quiet, particularly the Sunday.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1488474208' post='3249293']
What's the best way from Kings Cross?
[/quote]I am far from an expert, but I would imagine from Kings Cross, go to High Street Kensington, and walk straight down Kensington High Street. Takes about 10 minutes to walk, and you can`t get lost

Piccadilly to Green Park and Number 9 from there to Olympia, or Piccalilli to Earl's Court and walk up from there, and it looks like the District is running round to High Street Kensington and it's about a 15 min walk from there... or Uber... obviously. :)

I have 2 free tickets for Sunday if anyone wants them.

I bought my ticket for Sunday a few weeks ago but just for fun entered a competition and have just won two tickets.

First come first served.

There was I hoping for a nice relaxed day away from SWTSIBLT, when she texted me at work to say "Oh, there is "The Spring Knitting & Stitching Show" on at Olympia this weekend too - have just bought my tickets!!"

Well there goes my evening of trawling the flesh pits of Soho :( :( :( :( , but it will be handy being able to share the driving home.