Why become a member? ×

NORTH WEST BASS BASH 12th Feb 2017

lurksalot

[quote name='Bass Culture' timestamp='1486584685' post='3233067']
I'll be losing my Bass Bash cherry on Sunday - really looking forward to it. I understand it gets easier and you get better at it after the first time...
[/quote]

Me too. I'm looking forward to it though. Too old and arthritic to give a sh@t.

I've been thinking, it might be interesting / fun / useful to have some way of sharing comments and advice in writing?

There was an event at work (Mcr Uni) recently where students put up posters describing their project work and others were encouraged to add comments on post-it notes. I'm not thinking of anything that formal, but I know I'm hoping for technical advice which I'll forget if it isn't written down, and perhaps we could improvise a way for people to nominate their favourite new discoveries or whatever?

I'll bring plenty of paper and pens and post-its, and if - only if - people want to do anything like that, we can make it up as we go along :-)

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1486598479' post='3233241']
My first one also - not really sure what to expect. Any seasoned bass bashers care to share what we're in for?
[/quote]

Well I've been to a few up in Moffat but the format there is a bit different given that the Saturday night is given over to drinking and curry and the Sunday is then about nursing hangovers whilst trying to pretend lots of bass playing is helping.

I really enjoy them as you get to meet other bassists with common interests and illnesses (GAS). Sometimes I come away thinking I'm an OK player. other times my worst fears are confirmed (that I'm really am not very good on the bass), but that normally encourages more practice.

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1486598479' post='3233241']
My first one also - not really sure what to expect. Any seasoned bass bashers care to share what we're in for?
[/quote]

We will all cruise around looking at things that we cannot see anywhere else but online. We will realise that "the thing" that we thought we needed is actually no better than what we have. Or our worst fears will be confirmed and we will be selling everything we own to buy "the one". Basschat Live really.

[quote name='MisterT' timestamp='1486634292' post='3233358']
Josie. dunno about the pens & paper thing - idea's good, I get where you're coming from but we all sound old enough to talk to each other.
[/quote]

I'm sure we're all old enough to talk - my worry is that some of us are old enough to forget things people say to us which we'll want to remember (like "This is what those seven controls on your fancy GMR are for") :)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1486678513' post='3233863']
Hey guys (and gals)! I can't be there but I'm sure one or more of you will have a camera and perhaps a recorder? Would be good to have a few pics and/or some footage.

Bash newbies, feel free to click on my bass blog link in my signature, and you'll see what really happens at a bash. B) :gas:
[/quote]

I'm going to take my camera Bluejay but I don't think I'll do as good a job as you. I'll probably leave the lens cap on.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1486678513' post='3233863']

Bash newbies, feel free to click on my bass blog link in my signature, and you'll see what really happens at a bash. B) :gas:
[/quote]

:blush: :blush: Uh Oh , I am not sure it is going to be as organised as some of them look Sylvia :D

One day we may attract some superstars of the Bass playing world but, as an inaugural event , we do have the uber-talented, multple BC composition winning , recordist extraordinaire and song writing impressario that is ........

SKOL

So there :P

Ugh. I am going to have to back out due to a family situation. I am really sorry (and gutted). To add insult to injury I had to watch Wales lose while waiting with the injured party on A+E. Ho hum. If there is any hint of a loss I will chuck £10 into the coffers.

So, loaded the cabs, amp, bag & stands into the boot. First bass loaded onto back seat, second bass being loaded into front seat footwell then I discovered this.

[URL=http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/zedsled/media/flat%20001_zps9atow2ca.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b560/zedsled/flat%20001_zps9atow2ca.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Not a happy bunny. Played a gig in a rough hole last night band there was glass on the car-park. Thought I'd got away with it as the drive home was fine! Going to be spending the afternoon sorting this out now. Have fun everyone, I was really looking forward to this.

If your short of funds from today to cover the costs, please let me know and i'll happily transfer my £10.