Why become a member? ×

Help with Glockenlang Blue Rock

JustaBass

I have a question regarding this amp which i bought a while back.
There are two dip switches underneath to change impedance...are there any blue rock owners that can tell me which position they should be in for full power...i.e 1000 watts @4ohms.
I have enclosed a pic from talkbass the owner of that amp has his with the ON...showing...mine has the numbers 1 and 2 showing...
I have a 4ohm 410 cab..and want to run it at its full potential.

Thanks for replies i have looked at the manual but i may be being a bit dense...but does the ON position mean when its showing or do you move the switches up so the ON doesnt show like mine is...if its supposed to be as the talkbass picture then i bought it set up with the lower impedance setting which doesnt make sense.
I want to make absolutely sure because i may get 3 8ohm cabs...the glock can run at 2.7 ohms so i think i can run those but dont want to fry my amp.

Edited by JustaBass

Here you can see mine:

[IMG] http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/christopher_brown14/rackbags/20161118_185157_zpsgrshfa0l.jpg[/IMG]

It is set to 1000w @ 4 ohms and both switches (hidden by grille) are located up towards 'ON', and not down towards '12' (printed at the bottom of the switch hidden by grille)

Both the labels 'ON' and '12' are visible at all times, and are never hidden by the sliders. It's very difficult to see both at the same time due to the metal grille.
The sliders, as you look at my picture, are in the ON mode ie they are in the up position. Note the ON label is still visible.

Edited by Roland Rock

A switch on the back would have been simpler, but then you'd be much more likely to have an accident and costly repair too!

I still haven't really played with the EQ on my Blue Sky. It's such a good sounding amp with the EQ bypassed that I haven't really bothered experimenting on a gig. The combination of the Bass and Low EQ points was one of the features that I really liked the look of, so I should try it out!

But, yeah; astonishingly good amps!