Why become a member? ×

Scareware

No lust in Jazz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Phil Starr' timestamp='1490727814' post='3267482']
It's popped up a few times for me too, not for about ten days though.
[/quote]it'll be back, I've gone weeks without it, but it's happened twice in the last two days, weird or what?

There are 2 threads running about this issue. Doesn't seem matter what you are running as it can get through? I've had it twice and scans don't pick anything up. The advice on the other thread is to hold the enter key and close the browser page tab or browser. It will go then until the next time!

There are 2 threads running about this issue. Doesn't seem matter what you are running as it can get through? I've had it twice and scans don't pick anything up. The advice on the other thread is to hold the enter key and close the browser page tab or browser. It will go then until the next time!

I've got my Firefox browser set so it deletes all cookies when I close it down, might be coincidence but it doesn't happen as often after I've shut it down, ( I leave it open most of the time as I don't turn off my laptop when not in use, just shut the lid)

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me almost every time I look at BassChat for over 15 minutes. Just like everyone else it just kicks in when I'm on BC.

I'm running Windows 10 Home on the PC with Firefox as the browser (with or without an ad blocker it stills happens). I use my Norton Antivirus / SpyWare scan immediately afterwards and as others have pointed out, it doesn't pick anything up. I'm also making sure to delete the temporary files as part of this process. Most strange and it's also getting somewhat aggravating.

[quote name='EdLib-3' timestamp='1492863351' post='3283739']
This happens to me almost every time I look at BassChat for over 15 minutes. Just like everyone else it just kicks in when I'm on BC.

I'm running Windows 10 Home on the PC with Firefox as the browser (with or without an ad blocker it stills happens). I use my Norton Antivirus / SpyWare scan immediately afterwards and as others have pointed out, it doesn't pick anything up. I'm also making sure to delete the temporary files as part of this process. Most strange and it's also getting somewhat aggravating.
[/quote]

Same for me but I use IE11. Its getting to be several times a day :sad:

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1492881207' post='3283883']
In post #33 I mentioned removing Netfilter.2 solved all my troubles. It turned up after a Malware Bytes Anti-Malware scan.

[url="https://www.fixyourbrowser.com/removal-instructions/how-to-remove-genvariant-adware-netfilter-2-removal-guide/"]https://www.fixyourb...-removal-guide/[/url]
[/quote]ran adwcleaner, still getting it

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1492881207' post='3283883']
In post #33 I mentioned removing Netfilter.2 solved all my troubles. It turned up after a Malware Bytes Anti-Malware scan.

https://www.fixyourbrowser.com/removal-instructions/how-to-remove-genvariant-adware-netfilter-2-removal-guide/
[/quote]

I ran that too and it picked up nothing, and still get the issue. But only very rarely, so it might just be pot luck that you've not seen it since!

If it's just pot luck then it's pot luck 2-3 times a day for the last 6 weeks :) Before removing the Netfilter.2 from Windows I was getting the "britmethod" page,Windows Virus Alert or a Gambling pop-up every time I visited BC.
Took me ages before the netfilter thing showed up in Malware Bytes. Nothing else in the machine has been changed bar removing the netfilter so I can only assume it was the cause of the trouble on my machine.