Why become a member? ×

Rolling Stones on TV

mentalextra

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1479202388' post='3174645']
Channel 4 Sunday at 11pm. Following them on their South American tour. Will we see them throw a mini bar out the hotel room window? :D
[/quote]

That's 60s urban legend, outside of Keith Moon I don't think many bands behaved that way.

Plus The Stones probably own the hotel.

Blue

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1479202388' post='3174645']
Channel 4 Sunday at 11pm. Following them on their South American tour. Will we see them throw a mini bar out the hotel room window? :D
[/quote]

Would they be able to hold on to their Zimmer frame at the same time ?

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1479246718' post='3175102']
That's 60s urban legend, outside of Keith Moon I don't think many bands behaved that way.

Blue
[/quote]

You're probably right. I suppose it's early nights, hydration, Muesli for breakfast and 30mins of Tai Chi on the roof at dawn :)

Members of The Stones, Faces, Who, Led Zep, Eagles and many others had a tendency to let "off steam" while on tour.

I think it's great that the Stones are still touring at this level and drawing the audiences they do around the world. I know people who saw them playing at the Eel Pie Island club before they had a record deal and they have always been a fantastic live band.

Live there is no other band, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of a defining TV performance. They are in their 70's and the soundtrack probably won't be kind to them.

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1479246718' post='3175102']

Blue
[/quote]

Wrong. In the 60s and 70s it was the way to behave. Now? probably not. The Stones , the Who, Led Zep etc trashed hotels for fun back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching this on the hard drive.

I don't see the fuss about Darryl Jones. It's a film about the Stones not the side men. No one's mentioned the keyboard players, backing singers or brass guys either. Why would they?

The Stones are playing better than when I saw them about 6 years ago at the O2.

Yeah agreed that the four guys make up the public face of the Stones, but they spent a large proportion of the documentary interviewing tour guys etc, and not a word with DJ. The backing singers also featured in a lot more shots than he did. And isn't he a band member officially? Mention also for the keys player who has been with them since the 60s and again no focus.