Why become a member? ×

Where's all the Warwicks?

Swaffle88

[quote name='gazzatriumph' timestamp='1479246474' post='3175101']
Not sure you will get a proper German one for that money, a Rockbass yes, Used German made ones tend to go for around £600 - £700 but if you see one for that money let me know :)
[/quote]

The German ones do come up for that price in the classifieds now.
And yes, absolute bargains!

Edit to say a quick search and this came up
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/292766-warwick-corvette-for-sale/page__hl__warwick+corvette__fromsearch__1

Edited by FuNkShUi

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1479285936' post='3175258']
The German ones do come up for that price in the classifieds now.
And yes, absolute bargains!

Edit to say a quick search and this came up
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/292766-warwick-corvette-for-sale/page__hl__warwick+corvette__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]
[/quote]

Dont think its a proper German one though, cant see a serial number on head looks like a rockbass one to me but I could be wrong

For whatever reason, there are a few on the Facebook sales pages.
One particularly stunning example is a blonde thumb with a German replacement Corvette neck. It's beautiful imo, especially at £550.

As we have seen before, some Warwick necks just don't live long, hence he chose his preferred neck when the original went belly up.

[quote name='gazzatriumph' timestamp='1479287300' post='3175272']

Dont think its a proper German one though, cant see a serial number on head looks like a rockbass one to me but I could be wrong
[/quote]

Rockbasses normally have light colour wood for the neck. The serial numbers also normally go across the neck.

I can't read the serial number of this one, but I can see it's vertical and the wood is darker. The grain also looks very much like my German Warwicks.

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1479287592' post='3175277']
You may be right, i hadn't zoomed in.
They do come up though!! Keep an eye out
[/quote]

Lol, the tuners have Warwick emblem where as the German ones have Schaller I believe, but second hand German Warwick's are very good value for money as you say, I bought a 2009 Corvette $$ for £1200 from Bass Direct I really liked the bass and then saw one exactly the same, a 2010 model on ebay, I sold my Fender P Deluxe and I went to view it, it was in excellent condition as described, at least as good as the shop bought one. I paid £600 for it so now have a back up for a really good price. Second hand German Warwick's are under valued IMO but as they get harder to find maybe the price will start to increase.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1479288825' post='3175292']
Rockbasses normally have light colour wood for the neck. The serial numbers also normally go across the neck.
I can't read the serial number of this one, but I can see it's vertical and the wood is darker. The grain also looks very much like my German Warwicks.
[/quote]

Yup +1, this one looks like a german made. Ovangkol neck, brass frets, it also seems wenge fretboard, 2 piece 3D bridge, vertical serial number, the grain on the body also fits the profile...

[quote name='gazzatriumph' timestamp='1479288994' post='3175296']
tuners have Warwick emblem where as the German ones have Schaller
[/quote]

The majority of the german made warwicks have warwick hardware, but the earlyer models came with schaller hardware as standard.

I think there are plenty of them stashed away under beds and in cupboards, once they dropped in value so steeply a while ago those that could afford to hang onto them have rather than sell them cheap.

Sometimes it's better to have a product that is never truly in fashion but carries on steadily than one than takes off quickly and becomes "of it's time", a trace Eliot amp and a Warwick bass is just too 90's for most of us now :)

Edited by stingrayPete1977

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1479306832' post='3175491']
I think there are plenty of them stashed away under beds and in cupboards, once they dropped in value so steeply a while ago those that could afford to hang onto them have rather than sell them cheap.

Sometimes it's better to have a product that is never truly in fashion but carries on steadily than one than takes off quickly and becomes "of it's time", a trace Eliot amp and a Warwick bass is just too 90's for most of us now :)
[/quote]

Not too 90's for me I love their sound, preferred it to my MIA Fender Deluxe which I sold to buy another Warwick

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='A.G.E.N.T.E.' timestamp='1479305587' post='3175475']
Yup +1, this one looks like a german made. Ovangkol neck, brass frets, it also seems wenge fretboard, 2 piece 3D bridge, vertical serial number, the grain on the body also fits the profile...

The majority of the german made warwicks have warwick hardware, but the earlyer models came with schaller hardware as standard.
[/quote]

I didnt realise the newer Warwicks had Warwick tuners, I have two earlier models with Schallers on.

[quote name='gazzatriumph' timestamp='1479311280' post='3175536']
I didnt realise the newer Warwicks had Warwick tuners, I have two earlier models with Schallers on.
[/quote]

The Corvette for sale is 100% German. If it isn't, ill give you the money back myself ;)

Warwick (Gotoh) standard tuners on all Warwicks now unless custom, even the wooden ones currently used on the top models. A weird upgrade Warwick never made, weakest part of the hardware for sure.

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1479314035' post='3175563']
The Corvette for sale is 100% German. If it isn't, ill give you the money back myself ;)

Warwick (Gotoh) standard tuners on all Warwicks now unless custom, even the wooden ones currently used on the top models. A weird upgrade Warwick never made, weakest part of the hardware for sure.
[/quote]

For my information what year did Warwick change from Schaller to Gotoh, Ive conceded that the Corvette is a German one I couldnt see the serial number on the head but with a closer look I can just make out some markings

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1479313252' post='3175555']
Whatever money they go for, they'm still all fugly!
IMHO o'course ;-)
[/quote]

And so are you, IMHO of course :P

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1479287592' post='3175277']
You may be right, i hadn't zoomed in.
They do come up though!! Keep an eye out
[/quote]

Looks like you were right :(

[quote name='Norm' timestamp='1479313252' post='3175555']
Whatever money they go for, they'm still all fugly!
IMHO o'course ;-)
[/quote]

Troll.

If you ain't got nothing nice to say shut the F... up.

In fact why enter the thread if you've not nothing constructive to add?

Edited by Grangur

Not sure you will get a proper German one for that money, a Rockbass yes, Used German made ones tend to go for around £600 - £700 but if you see one for that money let me know :)
[/quote]

They might get advertised for that, but they don't get sold for that (from my experience).

Personally, the only one I like the design of is the Corvette and I've bought several from Basschat. All German-made ones and all secondhand and, sadly (as an owner rather than a buyer!), they don't seem to keep their value.

My local Cash Converters in Norwich used to stock a range of new Warwicks, but I've been out of the country for a few months and haven't been in again since I came back (earlier this week).

[/quote]

Both of mine bought at 'that' money (£350 to £450), both are German (The Warwick website will tell you all about your bass given the serial number), both from excellent BC members, both in very good condition :) I started on Warwicks with Rockbasses that were about £150. The quality of them (German and Chinese) is outstanding. Dare I say it, the one Chinese 5 stringer I had (BC purchase again) was comparable to my USA G&L for build quality - flawless. Bide your time, they will appear on BC :).

Edited by 3below

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1479242916' post='3175057']
Wunjo Guitars Denmark St in London and the Great British Bass Lounge in Manchester are the distributors and might stock them
Last Scottish shop was when i bought mine from Sound Control back in 89.

Probably better buying a 2nd hand 80's one if you can get it.
I had a Streamer II for few months as a loan while waiting on my Thumb bass and both are excelent with fantastic necks.

Dave
[/quote]

Good advice.
I bought my first in Sound Control in '89 as well.....and I still have it :D