Why become a member? ×

If You Could Only Have Two Effects...Which 2?

Chienmortbb

If it's 2 pedals then my Palmer Deepressor and my MXR M80 Bass DI+ but not sure if that's cheating as the MXR has distortion as well as being a pre-amp and I also have a distortion channel in my amp.
If it's 2 effects rather than 2 pedals then for me it would be compression and overdrive.

I don't have a pedal board purely because I don't play in a band so no gigs. I have one preamp/di box which I barely use.

But if I had one it would be a tuner and a compressor, although unsure if a compressor is worth buying. I use compressor plug in after I record the raw bass sound.
Perhaps it would be tuner and preamp/di box to help cut through guitars and drums.I found the the di box gets that bit of a tube valve sound with a very tiny amount of harmonics.

Final answer, tuner and preamp/di.

To me, the only thing absolutely indispensable is the ability to have some compression. But if that's taken care of within the amp, I'm usually good to go.

I do love a good octaver, though. :)

I'd love to try some of the more trippy stuff that's out there, but I've never really played anything that called for it...

I use a pedal board, but I could quite easily not use it (I'm sure the audience probably wouldn't notice). It houses my wireless receiver, pre amp (VT DI), octave, chorus and tuner (with mute). The two pedals that actually do things that I couldn't achieve in other ways are the chorus and the octave (both EBS BTW), so they're my two.