Why become a member? ×

Musicman 2eq preamp

sirmuppet

Hi All.

I have a Stingray which I've been told needs a new preamp board. Where can I get a replacement from? I had a look online and could drum anything up. I'm not looking to replace it with something else, just a like for like. So looking for an original 2 band eq board for a 2009 Stingray. New or used is fine as long as it's working, so if you know where I can locate them then please let me know :D .

Cheers for any help.

[quote name='sirmuppet' timestamp='1479251671' post='3175165']
Quick question. What pots does the 2 band take?
[/quote]

1 Meg reverse audio taper and 100K audio taper for the tone controls, 25K audio taper for the master volume. Zillions of people have built up the Uncle Fluffy knockoff version via Talkbass BTW, it's a very simple and inexpensive little project.

[quote name='Passinwind' timestamp='1479257016' post='3175203']
1 Meg reverse audio taper and 100K audio taper for the tone controls, 25K audio taper for the master volume. Zillions of people have built up the Uncle Fluffy knockoff version via Talkbass BTW, it's a very simple and inexpensive little project.
[/quote]

That's awesome. Thank you so much. :D

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Bassbadger' timestamp='1481277165' post='3191105']
The pots can be hard to locate. I have them made to my specs in Korea for the Stinger.
[/quote]

Cool. A 500K "lefty" pot works fine in a pinch too and I actually prefer the way that works when using the MM 2-band preamp with some non-MM pickups. CTS makes a decent one that's not all that hard to find.

• 4 weeks later...