Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Custom Sasha Opacic 6, new price, update
£1900

nobodysprefect

EDIT: very probably sold my TRB 5-II, so this one gets to stay, hurray!

I ordered this a few years ago and it's in mint condition.

Sasha builds instruments for some of Finland's best players, and our starting point with this bass was 'Fodera AJ 6 contrabass guitar meets 60's jazz bass.' So he looked very carefully at the AJ6 I had, and the neck is a fairly direct copy. The body is thin and comfortable.

Specs:
36" scale, 21 frets
20 mm spacing at the bridge
Bolt-on maple neck, AJ profile. Slim C that is fast but not flat or uncomfortable at all. Great for long sessions.
Brazilian rosewood fretboard (which you can't get any more due to CITES)
Flame alder body, dried 30 years
Flame maple top
Hipshot ultralite tuners (I hatehatehate neck dive, there is none)

Electronics:
Aero one-off custom pickups. Coil splittable so that you have coils in the same proportional positions as a 60s jazz bass. We asked the Aero guy to make the pickups imitate AJ tone in humbucking mode and 60 JB in single coil mode and he asked for every spec on the bass and wound the pair for this bass. Used a single pole piece for c string for evenness of tone. He is the sh*t.
Pope flexcore pre-amp. Really clear. I like this the best of all pre-amps I've had.

Why am I taking a bath and moving this on?

Life changes. I'm now living in a different country and play no music. I have no living space. I don't expect to join a band or take on gigs, as I have no free time for the next few years, and will be busy learning a new profession where I'll be playing catch up to my younger colleagues the rest of my life.

Who is this bass for? Someone who likes jazz basses, AJ ergonomics and tone or just wide spacing and even response from string to string in a six. Really easy to play.

Trades? Not really souped up about those, but market realities yadda yadda. I'm not looking for an instrument for my own use, so pretty much anything goes.

Photos:
https://www.dropbox....P6TodDGxsa?dl=0

Edited by nobody's prefect

• 1 year later...