Why become a member? ×

Ideas Required - Rock Covers of Female Fronted Pop

amnesia

Now I think of it, I don't think any of the songs in my current band's set are originally by female vocalists (80's/90's rock). It's surprising how far into the female range a lot of those classic 80's male vox go. In fact we have to play some of them a tone lower even with a female lead vox.

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1478714450' post='3171165']
Females can be fickle. If they don't like certain songs they're not going to sing it.

Blue
[/quote]

Casual sexism thrown in for good measure.

How about;

Crazy in love-Beyoncé
Fancy- Iggy Azelea
Bang Bang- Jessie J
Bleeding Love- Leona Lewis
Where love lives-Alison Limerick
Chandelier-Sia
Something kinda ooh-Girls Aloud
That one Bastille covered... Rhythm of the night-Corona.

Or go for the fun angle.... Boys boys boys-Sabrina.

I always wanted to do a cover of China Black's 'Searching'. Not a female-fronted song, but it's a proper tune. (One for the one-hit wonder thread!)

Edited by cameltoe

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1478714450' post='3171165']
Females can be fickle. If they don't like certain songs they're not going to sing it.
[/quote]

So can males. If one former guitarist didn't like a song, he completely ignored requests from the rest of the band that we do it. Don't have any such problems with our female vocalist.

I think just about all of the female fronted tracks we cover have been mentioned by now. Mrs Zero inherited a set which was for a male-fronted band, then when our guitarist left and we replaced him, we revamped the set and brought in some Blondie, Eurhythmics, Pretenders, and Tina Turner. I think we still bring in about 50/50 male-fronted and female-fronted songs to the set.

Edited by tauzero