Why become a member? ×

My lad wants the royal blood sound, Im skint(ish)

skidder652003

Hello fellow BC'ers!
So my lad wants to play some royal blood toons and is after an approximation of the sound.
Im sure this has been discussed before, but can anyone recommend a cheap clone type pedal to at least give a feel for it, Im guessing a pitchshifter fuzz type thing like the POG but a lot cheaper! He's got a pretty decent distortion on his amp so something to add to it would be great!
Thanks guys n gals!

I believe it starts with an octave pedal/pitch shifter, after that it gets very complicated and very expensive very quickly (he splits his signal into high and low octaves and runs each one through a seperate pedal board leading to different rigs), but as a basic imitation an octave and a distortion unit should get you on the right track.

Edited by Cato

Randomly came across this:

[size=4]Sound Like Royal Blood - Without Busting The Bank [/size]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2tNAXPczMk

of course depends on the what's in the bank. The simpliest set-up looks like line-splitter with the octave up pitchshifter going into a small guitar combo and bass with amp distortion.

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1478370540' post='3168727']
I've got a Behringer octave pedal that works fine. PM me your address and you can have it for free if you want it.
[/quote]

Does the Behringer do the octave up? Great if it does, but shows how poor my research was a couple of years ago :0

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1478370540' post='3168727']
I've got a Behringer octave pedal that works fine. PM me your address and you can have it for free if you want it.
[/quote]

Top man!! This is the type of thing that makes me proud to be part of this forum...

[quote name='YeastieB' timestamp='1478380117' post='3168787']
Randomly came across this:

[size=4]Sound Like Royal Blood - Without Busting The Bank [/size]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2tNAXPczMk"]https://www.youtube....h?v=I2tNAXPczMk[/url]

of course depends on the what's in the bank. The simpliest set-up looks like line-splitter with the octave up pitchshifter going into a small guitar combo and bass with amp distortion.
[/quote]

I was just about to post the same link. Don't watch it - you'll get addicted and end up watching all of them! Eventually you'll end up thinking you need to buy hundreds of pedals.

I got a Mooer Tender October from EBay - via China about £60. Does the octave up and down plus level of the dry signal. Octave up sounds 'different ' in that it's a bit artificial- kind of think they all do a bit. Don't think you can get them in the UK. Might help though it doesn't have wet and dry outputs so you might need some other way of blending it in