Why become a member? ×

Snarky Puppy

Blink

I saw them last night at The Lighthouse in Poole, which is an INCREDIBLE theatre/concert hall! The sound was superb.

Snarky were as incredible as ever, the last time I saw them was in Brighton about 18 months ago and they have changed their live approach a touch, well more of a refinement. They were less improvisational than before, and mostly kept songs to the album versions.

I see no one has really mentioned the support band House of Waters, who were utterly incredible! Very clever trio, with the bass playing the lead melodic role, they're well worth a listen!

I saw them at the Apollo in Manchester. House of Waters sounded incredible but the sound for Snarky Puppy was rubbish. Really muddy bass, very quiet and thin drums, piercing brass... maybe their engineer was having an off night or I was stood in the wrong part of the room.

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1494235204' post='3294121']
I saw them last night at The Lighthouse in Poole, which is an INCREDIBLE theatre/concert hall! The sound was superb.

Snarky were as incredible as ever, the last time I saw them was in Brighton about 18 months ago and they have changed their live approach a touch, well more of a refinement. They were less improvisational than before, and mostly kept songs to the album versions.

I see no one has really mentioned the support band House of Waters, who were utterly incredible! Very clever trio, with the bass playing the lead melodic role, they're well worth a listen!
[/quote]

Just reading up on HoW, having missed them at Brixton. "Hendrix of the hammered dulcimer" says the bio on their website, which are words I wasn't expecting to see in the same sentence today. I'll have a go with their latest album.

What suprised me at Brixton was the sound quality, best I've heard there for ages.

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1494244264' post='3294242']
Just reading up on HoW, having missed them at Brixton. "Hendrix of the hammered dulcimer" says the bio on their website, which are words I wasn't expecting to see in the same sentence today. I'll have a go with their latest album.

What suprised me at Brixton was the sound quality, best I've heard there for ages.
[/quote]
Haha, I have to admit I checked HoW out before Poole purely out of interest and having done zero reading or research, I was surprised at what I heard to say the least!

Yes, the sound was PHENOMENAL! The sound guy has their sound utterly nailed, each and every instrument was clear, bright, yet full. Top marks that guy!