Why become a member? ×

Snarky Puppy

Blink

[quote name='LZD56' timestamp='1478303553' post='3168382']

& his solo here with Bill Laurence on Bill's new dvd is amazing. Such feel.

[url="https://youtu.be/ft8pD-hB2aI"]https://youtu.be/ft8pD-hB2aI[/url]
[/quote]

That sounds great. Think I will have to order the DVD.
Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1478278607' post='3168157']
Saw them in Cheltenham. We're very good. Had a drink with Cory Henry and Micheal at a bar in the town. Both fantastic musicians and down to earth guys.
[/quote]
I met them both as well as Magda and Bill after the Brighton gig last year, Banda Magda were incredible and then Snarky were just the greatest band I'd ever seen. Meeting those 4 was something I'll never forget, they were so humble and really genuine! Mike, Cory, and I got talking about all sorts of subjects, they are both very interesting and knowledgable guys, Mike especially gave me some great playing advice and a massive confidence boost just in time for my final year at Uni! I have tickets to the Poole gig and I cannot wait!

That line about never meeting your heroes is total rubbish!

It's such a shame they are playing at Cheltenham town hall again, the sound in there is terrible for loud amplified music. Last year it took most of the gig to get the sound half decent. I'd rather see them in the big tent thing, but I suppose they can't cram as many people in it :(

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1478631059' post='3170485']
It's such a shame they are playing at Cheltenham town hall again, the sound in there is terrible for loud amplified music. Last year it took most of the gig to get the sound half decent. I'd rather see them in the big tent thing, but I suppose they can't cram as many people in it :(
[/quote]

Fingers crossed for desk recall then!

• 5 months later...

[quote name='MGBrown' timestamp='1493616870' post='3289384']
I'll be at the Brixton gig too. Any more for that one?
[/quote]

Yep, I'm going to Brixton. Can't wait to see them - had tickets a couple of years ago to see them in the UK but couldn't go due to breaking my wrist the day before the gig - so hoping to make it this year!

[quote name='MGBrown' timestamp='1493616870' post='3289384'] I'll be at the Brixton gig too. Any more for that one? [/quote]

Yep, but thanks to a double-booking cock-up I'll be a late arrival. Managed to get a ticket for the Steve Reich show at the RFH on the same night (Colin Currie ensemble playing Drumming and Tellehim), which I'm assuming will be an early enough finish to catch most of Snarky. How's that for a contrasting evening though.

I missed out on this one. Half expected to have a gig on so left it clear. Caught them for the last couple at the Roundhouse and Hammersmith and they were brilliant. Had a look around last week but nothing about apart from resellers, 60-odd quid which isn't crippling, but I can't on principle fund those scumbags.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1493606858' post='3289380']
wat too much. I saw Incognito for half that, and there twice the band
[/quote]
Having seen both, I do not concur. Still, we all like different stuff innit :D