Why become a member? ×

November Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

[quote name='christofloffer' timestamp='1479730499' post='3178754']
hopefully next month i will be in a better place and more inclined to put the effort in.
[/quote]

Not always easy, but tis good to look ahead...hopefully next month !!

It was the 'Two Ronnies' with the brass band I kept thinking of when making up this months ditty....unfortunately,I'm not clever enough to create that sound.....!!
Also had the help of Mrs J to break up my vocal tone !!
Anyway, I'm in...

https://soundcloud.com/nigel-jewell/ill-be-right-behind-you-a-mile-or-two

Keep on keeping on lads best wishes. Originally had two songs partly recorded for this but never had time to finish. To get something down I've just done a simple number, having some trouble with a combination of recording, time and instruments at the moment.

Steel Butterflies

https://soundcloud.com/thevelvetknock/steel-butterflies-demo

Thanks

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1479979126' post='3180690']
What happened to that nice Mr Lurksalot that did such sterling work a short time ago..? I liked him; he had the knack of getting the trains to run on time. :D

:lol: :P
[/quote]

Oh my days , recognition at last , thanks Dad , though I must say we did gave an unfortunate derailment yesterday , Albus, the grandson, had a bridge strike and consequently Annie and Clarabel rolled over onto their backs and Thomas landed on top , what a mess.
Still , a full investigation exonerated the management and we are back on schedule :)
Well , the trains are at least !!

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1480099507' post='3181719']
Oh my days...
[/quote]

This gives some slight exoneration to my occasional fantasmes of becoming the Fat Controller..! I have partial qualifications for the post (but control little, in fact..! :blush: ). Still no voting up and running, though. AWOL again, le chenapan..? :huh:

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1480119200' post='3181889']
I always see that clapping as mocking and or ironic.
[/quote]

Is this from experience gained over years of your playing before a public, or just a personal trait..? :mellow: How about the 'glass half-empty' test..? :mellow: How does your toast fall; jam-side down or not..? :mellow:

:lol: :P

No, I usually post in all sincerity, except when suffixed with a :mellow: Smiley (Deadpan...). Still, I can see the alternative interpretation, much like the 'two white faces or one black candlestick'. This time it's genuine appreciation for having got the ball rolling (not like that there Skol fellow, skivvying off at the critical moment... <_< ).
Well done, Lurks, old boy; well done. B)

Edited by Dad3353