Why become a member? ×

November Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

[color=#800080][size=5][b]November's Composition Challenge is now underway![/b][/size][/color]

[size=5]Here’s the image for your inspiration, chosen by last month's winner, [b]Indy[/b]… [/size]

[size=5]Click on the 'Spoiler' button below to read the usual rules and caveats:[/size]

[spoiler]By entering the competition you agree to the Basschat Terms and Conditions and Forum Guidelines, which are designed to help ensure the forum remains free of offensive and/or illegal behaviour and material. In a nutshell:

[b]1) Please avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive.[/b] If your track contains explicit lyrics, for example, then please warn other forum users so they can choose for themselves whether to listen to it.

[b]2) Please make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds included in your track[/b] (ie. sounds that you have not recorded yourself, such as samples of other people's music). The owners of Basschat accept no responsibility for infringements of copyright or other forms of legal ownership, which are solely the responsibility of competition entrants. If we spot any breaches of copyright then your track will be removed from the competition.

[b]3) Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition[/b], taking inspiration from the photo provided. No cheating![/spoiler]

If you have any questions, just ask.

[color=#800080][size=5][b]The deadline for entries is midnight on Wednesday 23rd November.[/b][/size][/color]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1478037420' post='3166330']
Our youngest (already a cynical beast, at his tender age..!) has whispered an interpretation in my ear which is now difficult to shift. Hmm. This may imply lyrics..! You have been warned; all is not as it seems. :ph34r:
[/quote]

Something about a "military coo"?? ;)

ace lyrics! I'm a bit off put by the effects on the voice 'cos I'm listening on headphones and some of the weird effects are panned very hard. Anyway, I really like it

I'm hoping to enter something myself this month but we'll see if I get any time to myself in the studio :)

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1478189098' post='3167420']
ace lyrics!...
[/quote]

I compose and mix on headphones only, these days; the fx are not really panned, but rather applied differently left to right. I'll listen again to see what I can do (but no guarantee, deaf as I am..! ). Thanks for listening and commenting; it's appreciated.