Why become a member? ×

Limelight basses

Wiggybass

Hi all

Just looking for some info and feedback on Limelight basses as I'm looking at possibly buying a Jazz.

Are they made here in the UK? Do we know what pickups are used? Anyone gig one regularly? Is there any backup or support if needed?

Any and all comments welcome - many thanks all!

Wiggybass

I've played 3 limelights, and I really liked every one. My preferred one was actually for sale - a Fiesta Red P bass.
I tried it out, loved it, but didn't buy, as I needed to sell one first...
I really regretted that, because the Limelight sold, then the bass I was selling (MM Stingray) went only a week or so later.
I still rue the day I missed that particular Limelight, as it had been reduced in price to expediate sale (which it did)

You could get Mark to build one to your spec. I have resisted, as I now have too many basses (again)
Yes, the pickups Mark uses sound great. Good luck with your search. Keep your eye open in the marketplace on this forum
They do come up for sale (like all makes / models) but if you see one that really floats your boat - don't hesitate like I did
There were 3 Limelights on the market last week, 2 of them sold pronto

EDIT: In the Limelight thread (p 11, I think) there is a Shell Pink medium relic Jazz, and I think that's the best looking bass I've ever seen. If that came up for sale, I'd really want it..... :) I mean, really really want it

Edited by Marc S

I picked up my Limelight P from Mark about a month ago. Absolute doddle from start to finish. You email / phone to tell him what you want then he lets you know pricing and asks all the necessary questions. If you wish to proceed you have to pay a deposit (a couple hundred £ if i recall although I gave him 50% upfront as that was better for me at that time) and the balance is due on completion of build (mine was 12 weeks). Mark is a lovely guy and my Precision is absolutely as I wanted it. Couldn't recommend the Limelight basses highly enough, especially for the money. Mark is very low pressure so just drop him a line and he'll let you know what he can offer and how it works.

Edited by mrtcat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...