Why become a member? ×

Jah Wobble

RichF

He was absolutely inspiration at the London Bass Guitar Show a couple of years ago. I felt I had really learned something from his Masterclass. I was rembering it only this week, when I found myself playing a reggae bass line at a local jam, and I was thinking 'What can I drop out to make this more effective? What happens if I just play on the one and the three? How about just on the one?' Just dropped it back until I was barely playing at all.

Got loads of compliments afterwards. All thanks to Mr Wobble.

He's been a huge influence on me since his early PIL days, he was the one that made me want to pick uo the bass.
I saw him live through all his solo type stuff from Kerrang, Human Condition to the Invaders.

As a very shy teenager I even managed to talk bass with him at a couple of his shows, Such a nice guy he put me on the guest list for a few show's, gave me his phone number and told me to phone whenever I planned to come to a gig. Not many of your Idols will give you that kind of treatment.

I'm Stil not total y sure about his vocals on some tunes tho.

Such a wonderful player, and an influence on myself too.

Keith from PiL is one of my best friends, and back when I was 21 we started playing together. Given that Keith had played with Jah, and Flea, I found myself under immense pressure. But that wasn't a bad thing, and keeping it 'simple' like Jah was and still is a huge influence on me.

I saw Jah and Keith do a Metal Box in dub style gig 5 years ago, his bass tone was like the comfort of the womb :)

Huge respect.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1477769054' post='3164421']
He was absolutely inspiration at the London Bass Guitar Show a couple of years ago. I felt I had really learned something from his Masterclass. I was rembering it only this week, when I found myself playing a reggae bass line at a local jam, and I was thinking 'What can I drop out to make this more effective? What happens if I just play on the one and the three? How about just on the one?' Just dropped it back until I was barely playing at all.

Got loads of compliments afterwards. All thanks to Mr Wobble.
[/quote]

Very entertaining that day...loved the rapport with the drummer

I could only find this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHw77BYQnUA

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1477873191' post='3165018']
I've loved a lot of his work for many years. 'Erzulie' remains a personal favourite.

Who's his drummer at the moment? I saw them in May, missed the name, can't find it anywhere. Great player!
[/quote]
Marc Layton-Bennett