Why become a member? ×

Wayne Jones Audio

funkle

Anyone had a go of these?

http://www.waynejonesaudio.com

A powered 2x10 and 1x10 cab series from Australia.

I remember Bass Player raving about the cabs last year, and I see one Talkbass contributor who has churned through a lot of high end cabs has bought one.

I'm intrigued - but the website makes no mention of SPL anywhere. The 1x10 is 40 lbs and the 2x10 is 66 lbs, somewhat belying the term they use of 'lightweight'. He builds in casters and a foldaway handle into both types of cabinet though.

Two 2x10 and the preamp would run you $5700 USD or so, at a bargain price direct from the manufacturer!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have emailed the manufacturer for more info, as I am intrigued, despite the price...

He states the minimum broadband SPL @ 1w/1m for all cabs on the website is 98 db. I find it a little confusing to refer to 'all cabs', so have emailed back, but if he effectively makes a powered 1x10" with the SPL output of a good 1x12", I'm impressed at this engineering...

• 1 year later...

Cheers,

Just wanted to say how smashing Wayne Jones Audio is, super personal service and uncompromising sound!

Also, shout out to Pedal Python, the new pedalboard cable management system!

Do not hesitate in making a jump to powered cabs and unbelievable preamp...no regrets of any kind!

MT Murdock

Austin, Texas

0813181939.jpg