Why become a member? ×

DeArmond M-65 - Worth a Punt?

Shawman

Don't suppose anybody has any experience of these?

I've just landed one for free after our last landlord was away to chuck it. It was lying in a heap of broken glass and window frames that were replaced for us moving in. His son had left it behind and said he didn't want it so I was welcome to it.

Never had a project before and was looking to buy a guitar anyway, so seems a decent place to start.

Seems to be in pretty decent nick too. Counted three minor dinks and that's it. Silver hardware's polished up nicely, small spots of rust on the pickups and seems to have been drawn on in marker pen more than played.Getting the pen off is also taking off the gloss finish which is slightly annoying.

Just wondering if anyone thinks that it should have been left in the bin! Sadly, no amp at the moment to see what's working and what's not.

Thanks man. I've tidied it up a bit as the marker pen had stained in to the gloss finish so it's now got big matt patches on it which I'll even out. Neck is straight and feels OK to play even if the strings on it are heavily rusted. Hoping to have a nice wee player once I get new strings and the action sorted.

Then I'll have to see what's what with the electronics which gives me the fear!