Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1100

jamie_btb676

Hello,

This beaut is up for sale or for trade.

Had this bass for about 4ish years because of its versatility, It's been gigged and gigged and gigged some more but still in great condition and sounds fantastic with the Daddario Flatwounds that I put on it a few years back.

I have a Jazz bass now and now find myself only using this bass for the P pickup... So, as much as it pains me to upload this beauty, I have decided to sell this bass to fund a purchase for a 'stand alone' Fender P bass. Would love to trade this for a '63 reissue if anyone has one they wish to offload or happy to accept £1100 cash.

The only mark on this bass is pictured where I adjusted the truss rod (pictured) but apart from that there is nothing else wrong with it. Even though its been gigged and gigged, I've kept great care of this bass as its taken great care of me.

They don't make these American Deluxe models any more so get it whilst you can.

You can get some amazing tones out of this, if you're looking for that soft, warm P bass tone or that punchy Jazz sound it's so easy to create the tone you want and it even has an active/passive toggle switch to add even more choice.

Some basic specs:[list]
[*][b]Select alder body[/b]
[*][b]Graphite-reinforced maple neck with modern C shape and satin polyurethane finish[/b]
[*][b]21 Medium Jumbo frets (9.5" radius)[/b]
[*][b]Chrome-plated hardware[/b]
[*][b]Deluxe chrome-plated steel bridge plate (strings-thru body or top load) with chromeplated brass saddles[/b]
[*][b]Precision Bass split single-coil pickup (mid) and humbucker (bridge)[/b]
[*][b]Pan pot for pickup switching[/b]
[*][b]Master volume, pan pot, and 3-band active EQ[/b]
[*][b]Lite-Bass tuners[/b]
[/list]
I cant upload pics at this moment, apparantly I have used up my global upload quota? So take a look at the link below for pics. (lemme know if the link doesnt work, working for me fine at the moment).

[url="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/jamie_yawa/embed/slideshow/Fender%20P%20Bass"]http://s32.photobuck...nder%20P%20Bass[/url]

[color=#262626][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Thanks for looking.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#262626][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Jamie[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by jamie_btb676

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]41.3 mm as far as I can see [/size][/font][/color][quote name='Jacqueslemac' timestamp='1478358149' post='3168604']
Links work for me. Lovely looking bass. Just for interest, what's the width at the nut?
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1483433726' post='3207011']
hi mate
just wondered, does this have a jazz size neck? I know the Mexican deluxe Ps do, not sure about these.

Lovely bass

Simon
[/quote]

Its a P Bass through and through, just has a Jazz pickup by the bridge.

[quote name='jamie_btb676' timestamp='1483603986' post='3208529']
Its a P Bass through and through, just has a Jazz pickup by the bridge.
[/quote]

Although most Precisions are 44mm at the nut (which I find way too wide). 41.3 is the same as my Mike Dirnt Precision.

I tried one of these a few years ago and the neck felt as slim as a Jazz. It was £100 more than I could afford at the time and I've been kicking myself ever since that I didn't just buy it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...