Why become a member? ×

SOLD FS/FT 2009 Fender Precision Bass (made in U.S.A)
£600

johnthebassist

Greeting fellow funksters.

2008/2009 'Highway One' P-bass
Made in U.S.A.
Rosewood board
Nitrocellulose black finish
DiMarzio Model P pickup (stock pickup also included)
Badass II Bridge (recently refurbished with new saddles)
Setup with fret dress at Charlie Chandler's 07/10/2016
Currently wearing LaBella flats
Weighs just under 9lb / 4.1kg

[attachment=230279:fullsizeoutput_63a3.jpeg]

[attachment=230280:fullsizeoutput_63a4.jpeg]

Open to trades and p/x's. I'm particularly keen on any of the following (preferably active and with two pickups), ir order of preference: [list]
[*]decent fretless (must be lined)
[*]steinberger-esque (cricket bat) bass
[*]5 string
[/list]
[center][u][b]Some background[/b][/u][/center]

Bought last year to take on Nigerian tour in place of my beloved '69 Jazz bass. I took one look at it on eBay and had to have it. Tons of mojo...and the sticker already attached was stupidly serendipitous.

If you don't know much about these basses, they were built in the Corona factory in California and shipped down Highway 1 to Mexico where they were finished in nitrocellulose. They were designed to age nice and easy, which this one has. Curiously, they also shipped with a Badass II as standard.

[attachment=230284:fullsizeoutput_63a8.jpeg]

[attachment=230283:fullsizeoutput_63a7.jpeg]

[attachment=230287:IMG_5901.JPG]

The previous owner replaced the stock pickup and 'greasebucket' circuit with the hotter DiMarzio Model P. The original pickup and circuitry was included when I bought it and will be included when I part with it.

[attachment=230281:fullsizeoutput_63a5.jpeg]

I've just spent £110 getting this bass setup at Charlie Chandler's in Hampton, London. It required some fretwork where the top fret had popped. This has now been totally fixed and dressed. The Badass saddles were also replaced with new ones as the old ones had seized. Currently strung with Jamerson-gauge La Bella flats (about a year old, full of Lagos mojo).

[attachment=230286:fullsizeoutput_63ad.jpeg]

[attachment=230282:fullsizeoutput_63a6.jpeg]

[attachment=230285:fullsizeoutput_63ac.jpeg]

I'm in Dorking but regularly gigging, teaching and rehearsing in London. Happy to arrange visits. I make nice tea and we always have decent biscuits ;)

Hit me up with any questions or trade offers! I'll do my best to answer within the day.

Cheers ;)

Edited by johnthebassist

Sticker successfully removed! New photos!!

[attachment=230520:FullSizeRender-4.jpg]
[attachment=230522:FullSizeRender-1.jpg]
[attachment=230521:FullSizeRender-5.jpg]

By popular request (thanks to everyone who has PM'd me so far), I have removed the sticker. No paint came off, it's just left a slightly darker circle remains where the sticker once was, but it's barely noticeable (I've tried my best to photograph it).

[attachment=230519:IMG_5911.JPG]
[attachment=230517:FullSizeRender-2.jpg]
[attachment=230523:FullSizeRender.jpg]

A tiny of the guitar equivalent of t-cut would probably smooth it out completely.

[attachment=230515:IMG_5926.JPG]
[attachment=230518:IMG_5916.JPG]
[attachment=230516:IMG_5918.JPG]

Any more questions, please let me know. Happy to email full-res photos to anybody interested.

Edited by johnthebassist