Why become a member? ×

how much is my stingray worth signed by paul turner

musicman1

hi i might sell my stingray to by an 1977 stingray. my stingray is a 2005 it is sunburst with roseboard neck it has been heavely played with DR red strings it has some scars a one big chip and has about 20-30 chip dinks, scraps. it has been signed by paul turner by jamiroquai as i recently did a gig supporting the jamiroquai rhythm section i will give links to some photos. it has the case it sounds amazing and plays amazing but i have the chance of an old bass could you let me know what this would be worth thanks rob

[url="http://www.jinjabird.com/commercial/maxwell_mcknight/content/index_3.html"]http://www.jinjabird.com/commercial/maxwel...nt/index_3.html[/url]

here are some pic of the gig with decoy

Top of the head £600! The best thing to do is stick it up at £800 and then every few days drop the price £25/£50. The bass will eventually hit the right button for someone and if all else fails I'll take it when it hits £500. Actually thinking about it... for something defaced by a Mackam I may have to halve that offer. :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='303377' date='Oct 9 2008, 10:26 PM']In todays market, anything between £475 to £600. A Paul Turner fan might pay the upper amount or slightly more. I'd be very surprised if a PT fan would pay more than £700 for it.

Hope this helps :)[/quote]
+1

if im honest, i think to the non PT obsessive, the signature loses value rather than gains, i think this kinda situation is what ebay is pretty good for

If you take a look around you'll find that the market for Stingrays is at an all time low. I just sold a special edition buttercream for £650 and a cursory search of the FS thread will show you that they aren't shifting for more than that.

It's an amazing situation when you consider that I bought my first one second hand for £650 in 1996 when it was c.2 years old, if you came to sell a similar good condition 2006 black on black with rosewood 3 band today i doubt you'd get more than £650.

If you want to maximise your return they still seem to be shifting for a fraction more on ebay, but it's a risk that you won't get a sale I guess.

I once won a Fender Strat signed by Ritchie Blackmore. First thing I did when I got it home was reach for the Mr Sheen. It seemed to sound better afterwards somehow.

A Stingray is a great bass, worth between 600/800 quid depending on its condition.

Paul Turner is a great bass player (I'm a fan), but his signature aint worth squat.

If the bass was signed by Jaco, we might be talking big bucks here, but we're not.

Good luck with the sale, a '77 'ray would be a good buy.

I didn't get a bite on my 3band 2005 Ray4 even at £570 recently and it is as close to mint as makes no odds. Needless to say it stayed with me - we all have limits. There is a point when the inherent value exceeds that perceived by potential buyers ^_^

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='303620' date='Oct 10 2008, 09:51 AM']If anyone can get £800 for a modern, standard Stingray I'd be impressed[/quote]

I concur. In the current climate, £600 would be good!! Couldn't shift my Black 'ray a few months ago for what I wanted, but settled on £650 in the end, and I was happy with that.

Stingrays just aren't reaching thier real value on the market at the moment, but at the end of the day, anything is only worth what someone will pay for it.

last couple of weeks stingrays have actually been selling well on ebay, including one going for around £800, which iirc was completly standard apart from a matching headstock, which doesnt rise value much anyway

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='303713' date='Oct 10 2008, 11:23 AM']You should be asking yourself why Paul Turner is selling his 77 Stingray...[/quote]

I was wondering that. I've played it briefly and it was lovely, really nice Ray with loads of 'mojo'.
Fancy telling us how much he's asking? :)