Why become a member? ×

Where Is Skegness?

blue

I only ask because we're opening for Morland & Arbuckle a national act that does that Delta and Mississippi Hill Country blues stuff this weekend.

I noticed they have a gig coming up at the Great British Rock and Blues Festival in Skegness, UK.

Should be a fun gig, sound, lights and back line provided. We only have to play an hour set. I'll be home early for a change.

Blue

Edited by blue

Used to go there on day trips in the 70s/early 80s when I was a kid.

It's allegedly on the coast although I never actually saw the sea as it's one of those places where the tide goes out miles.

Good for fish and chips though.

Edited by Cato

Played a gig there at Butlins in April 1966.

Had a great time, they gave us a chalet to kip in when we finished - it was bldy freezing but the chalet maids were warm. ;)

We stopped off at Louth to see the singests family on the way home (darn sarf) and lost all our gig money in the bookies after lunch.

Last time I have ever bet on anything,

Edited by Jazzneck

Wow, Tinman, welcome back.

As far as Skegness is concerned it's more why than where. The gig will be at Butlins holiday camp, they do all kinds of weekend events in the off season to keep the money rolling in, there are folk, country and Ska as well as the blues one.

I went there once in February for the national brass band contest. It was the first weekend since the new year closure and everything was freezing cold. Never again.

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1476383764' post='3153882']
I only ask because we're opening for Morland & Arbuckle a national act that does that Delta and Mississippi Hill Country blues stuff this weekend.

I noticed they have a gig coming up at the Great British Rock and Blues Festival in Skegness, UK.

Should be a fun gig, sound, lights and back line provided. We only have to play an hour set. I'll be home early for a change.

Blue
[/quote]
I've played that festival - headlining the smaller stage (Jaks) on the Friday night in 2013

It's a good event, nowhere near as grim as some of the other holiday camps I've played...!

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1476387106' post='3153927']

We stopped off at Louth to see the singests family on the way home (darn sarf) and lost all our gig money in the bookies after lunch.

Last time I have ever bet on anything,
[/quote]
Don Nobles? I work in Louth, great town, great people.