Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fretless Short Scale Prose Bass
£275

only4

For sale is my beautiful short scale fretless bass made by "Prose Bass"

I'm just not playing it that much anymore and it seems a shame for it to be sat in the back of the cupboard.

It has lovely figured maple fingerboard but i'm not sure what the body woods are.

The hardware is all Hipshot, "A" style bridge and lightweight tuners, the soapbar pickup is wired directly to a locking Neutrik jack socket. The strings are ground wound and give a great tone without chewing up the fretboard.

It's very lightweight and the body shape makes it very easy to play either standing or seated.

There is some buckle rash on the back of the bass but the rest of it is in fine fettle.

[attachment=229634:FullSizeRender (1).jpg][attachment=229637:FullSizeRender (4).jpg][attachment=229635:FullSizeRender (2).jpg][attachment=229638:FullSizeRender (5).jpg]
[attachment=229636:FullSizeRender (3).jpg][attachment=229639:FullSizeRender (6).jpg]
[attachment=229640:FullSizeRender (7).jpg]

I would like to ask £275 for this bass
Thanks for looking.

Edited by only4

I had Pauls Prose Karuna headless and the only reason I parted with it was that I couldn't cope with the single cut body - I'm 'very' old :(

Other than that, it was as good a fat wire as anything on the planet - honest injun :) - In fact Paul, if you are reading this and start building again I would love a shortscale, double cut version :)??!!?

ps - 'Bargain Alert' :) :)

I've owned a Prosebass fretless before. It was gorgeous, and I nearly kept it, even though I wasn't all that keen on the short scale
If this was full-scale, I'd be in deep trouble.

Edited by alyctes

Have a bump on me, and thanks for the kind words folks.

This bass was one of 4 I made to this design. If my memory serves me correctly the body is ash with a European oak top.

Paul :)

[attachment=230426:IMG_0351.JPG]

[attachment=230427:IMG_0351-2.jpg]