Why become a member? ×

Frost*

Rich

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1475842856' post='3149153']
Listened to the whole of 'Milliontown' for the first time earlier.

OH. MY. GOD.

How is it that I have never heard this masterpiece album before?
Now hooked.
[/quote]

Where have you been.... :lol:

Also have a listen to John Mitchell's Lonely Robot. Killer too

Edited by crez5150

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1475851362' post='3149249']
Actually there isn't much more Frost* to listen to. They all do other projects and bands so there are only 2 other authentic studio albums and an 8 year gap between second and third (which only came out this year)!
[/quote]

You answered what I was going to say anyway about the 'other projects', so it seems like there's way more to listen to than just the main releases from *Frost. - And I'm not just talking about Jem Godfrey's hand in writing 'Whole Again' by Atomic Kitten (selling over 1 million copies). John Mitchell gets a mention already above and I suppose if one has got as far as *Frost then John's other band It Bites will have already been spun many times. I love The Tall Ships album. Very cool. Previous member Dec Burke has a few releases to his name under past band titles, he's just releasing 'Book Of Secrets' right now. It's a great album, I'm really enjoying it. Some awesome musicians on board that one too. I was just reading he'll be gigging next year! Audioplastik's 'In The Head Of A Maniac' is one of my [i]favourite[/i] albums, also featuring Dec. He's one half of a dynamic duo! The other half being the insanely talented Simon Andersson who used to play bass in Pain Of Salvation. He plays guitar, he plays bass, piano and programs like a beast! Craig Blundell is just an incredible session/clinician drummer. I'm not sure if he is adding more to the Dr Oktopus material, but again another branch to the big *Frost family tree. Nathan King.. There's a tough one. His brother is I suppose more used to being the low-ender in the band, but I gotta say Nathan is one tasty M***cker of a bassist. I like his playing [i]a lot[/i]. The right balance of groove and tech. Great work on a Status 5er. S2 Classic I guess?

Thanks for highlighting this! I hadn't listened to Frost* nor Milliontown before, and I'm liking them a lot.

I'm not surprised I like this as both Andy Edwards and John Jowitt (cracking bass player, very musical and under-rated outside the 'prog' world) both spent some time playing with IQ (one of my long-term faves).

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1475842856' post='3149153']
Listened to the whole of 'Milliontown' for the first time earlier.

OH. MY. GOD.

How is it that I have never heard this masterpiece album before?
Now hooked.
[/quote]My favourite album of theirs. Bought the remastered FLAC version a while back and heard all sorts of bits I'd missed

I also love this as a band intro - https://frost.bandcamp.com/album/the-philadelphia-experiment

[quote name='Ba55me15ter' timestamp='1476181758' post='3151975']
All the music nerds I've ever played Milliontown to love it! They've just announced some new live dates for April next year - [url="http://frost.life/tour-dates/"]http://frost.life/tour-dates/[/url]
[/quote]
I would crawl naked over broken glass to get to the Southampton gig. (Not a pretty image, please try not to think about it.)

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1476272950' post='3152867']
I would crawl naked over broken glass to get to the Southampton gig. (Not a pretty image, please try not to think about it.)
[/quote]

some things cant be unthunk :lol:

or you could always just drive, just sayin

Edited by lowhand_mike