Why become a member? ×

Describe your playing style

FuNkShUi

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1475490930' post='3146268']
Chameleonic. Modest.
[/quote]

oh can I nick that? I think if you saw me playing with my old band you'd have thought I was a bit of a show off. If you saw me playing with a folk/country act you'd think I was under-stated and wonder why I'd brought a 6 string (don't have any 4s or 5s). If you saw me with my new metal band you'd think I was mental and perhaps even obnoxious etc. etc. You can't have the same style for every genre/group you play in

[quote name='randythoades' timestamp='1475504919' post='3146443']
Failed Guitarist here too. Pick playing, far too many notes, far too fast and far too loud.
The way I figure, if you are constantly playing away from the root notes and adding melodic tension, then you can claim that whatever you just played wrongly as deliberate...
[/quote]

That's jazz! B)

Aggressive, hamsfisted, hyperactive bludgeoning.

The object being to fit as many notes into as little time as possible in order that the wrong ones pass more quickly. This doesn't always work, but as they're my own basslines I will always insist it's intentional, and if it sounds wrong - you [i]just don't get it[/i]. Man.

[quote name='SpcMnk' timestamp='1475505334' post='3146446']
'Like a French kiss from a horse..'
[/quote]

I hate using text-message-speak, but I'm sitting on public transport and that did, quite literally, make me laugh out loud.

Edited by SICbass