Why become a member? ×

October Composition Challenge ------get writing y'all

lurksalot

[quote name='Indy' timestamp='1476817857' post='3157593']
HI all, wasn't sure if i was going to enter an effort this month, wanted to do a stomping guitar tune for this but couldn't get anywhere with it. Came back after a long nightshift, sat at the computer, looked at the picture, felt a little sad, and came up with a tune, wrote some lyrics with reference to the picture and then recorded it live (not sure if this is allowed so feel free to bin it if I'm breaking rules!). Apologies for my voice and its my first ever effort as a piano song! Listened to some of the efforts so far and they are all brilliant and proper compositions, mines a very simple effort but its based on what I got from the pic, hence it being called Bones!

https://soundcloud.com/thevelvetknock/boneslive
[/quote]
Pretty much any recording method is fine, no problem :)

Well done guys, all sounding great.

I’m not going to be entering myself this month… not that I’ve gone quiet on the music-making front, [i]quite the opposite![/i] I’m working on a few concurrent projects (all remixes) that are eating up all of my limited time available for music. Really enjoying it, but could do with more hours in the day!

Fingers crossed I’ll get something written for next month’s challenge and will otherwise be eagerly voting on this one :)

Hi all
Here's my effort, or lack of, this month: https://soundcloud.com/julian-moss-511168525/slow-burning-joke
It's a bit all over the place playing-wise, and the vocals have come out more mockney sounding than I thought they would. In my defence, I did live in Watford for 35 years...

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1477154292' post='3160221']
Hi all
Here's my effort, or lack of, this month: https://soundcloud.com/julian-moss-511168525/slow-burning-joke
It's a bit all over the place playing-wise, and the vocals have come out more mockney sounding than I thought they would. In my defence, I did live in Watford for 35 years...
[/quote]

I Really enjoyed this track! Was cool listening to the isolated bass in the noodle thread.
Yes there was a accent "mockney" thing going on but it suited the composition as a whole.
On a side note it kinda reminded me of a tune you would hear in a mighty boosh episode sung by the cockney hitcher if that means anything to you.

Ain't you boys normally wrapped up roundabout now. I've got one in the skillet but she's a long way off the boil not to mention simmering time. When y'all fixing to close. Maybe I can get me some after hours.

Forgive me but I watched Django unchained earlier and I've developed a southern drawl.