Why become a member? ×

Cliff Williams calls it a day.

Bassman Sam

I don't see what's wrong with a band churning out a set of old stuff if people are happy to pay to see it. I am sure that the vast majority who have seen ACDC on the current tour had a great time. Is there any reason why a band should stop touring just because they have been around for 40 years?

What I object to is the rip off ticket agencies that make tours like this nearly impossible to get to see without paying double the price. That's a whole different matter.

[quote name='grumpyguts' timestamp='1474833855' post='3140951']
I don't see what's wrong with a band churning out a set of old stuff if people are happy to pay to see it. I am sure that the vast majority who have seen ACDC on the current tour had a great time. Is there any reason why a band should stop touring just because they have been around for 40 years?[/quote]

No reason at all. People who want to go see them can go see them. People who don't, won't.

As for Axl, I was prepared to be disappointed - but by all accounts he did a good job.

[quote name='grumpyguts' timestamp='1474833855' post='3140951']What I object to is the rip off ticket agencies that make tours like this nearly impossible to get to see without paying double the price. That's a whole different matter.
[/quote]

That is the rub. And the ticket face value price ain't dirt cheap either.

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1474749681' post='3140293']
People dissing Axl - go see AC/DC with him fronting. [i]Then[/i] you can diss him. Thank you.
[/quote]

Yep, I`ve not seen them live with Axl but from what I`ve seen on Youtube he nailed it.

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1474999593' post='3142206']
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall while you were thinking that one up!
[/quote]
[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1475002873' post='3142251']
:) I'm thunderstruck anyone noticed. Let's get it up front, I had some hard times with that pun.
[/quote]

I'm guessing that on the ticket prices that 'Moneytalks'!