Why become a member? ×

Uh Oh D'Addario...

So I bought my first set of D'Addario ProSteel 5'ers just to try out something other than Rotos for once. Months later I get round to opening them, and guess what?

No G string. No sign of the receipt either. D'oh.

Is this business as usual for D'Addario, or am I just stupendously unlucky? Anyone else had anything like this happen?

[quote name='Spaced' timestamp='1474469328' post='3138242']
So I bought my first set of D'Addario ProSteel 5'ers just to try out something other than Rotos for once. Months later I get round to opening them, and guess what?

No G string. No sign of the receipt either. D'oh.

Is this business as usual for D'Addario, or am I just stupendously unlucky? Anyone else had anything like this happen?
[/quote]

Uh-oh D'Addario indeed! I can assure you that faults with our strings and packaging happen very infrequently. I've sent you a PM, we'll get you sorted right out.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1474470469' post='3138252']
You've been unlucky. Their customer service is very good though, might be worth contacting them and explaining.
[/quote]
[quote name='D'AddarioUK' timestamp='1474472907' post='3138272']
Uh-oh D'Addario indeed! I can assure you that faults with our strings and packaging happen very infrequently. I've sent you a PM, we'll get you sorted right out.
[/quote]

See? :D

[quote name='D'AddarioUK' timestamp='1474472907' post='3138272']
[/quote]

Yup, I agree. I have probably installed hundreds of packs of D'Addario strings over many years and have never had same. On the subject of faults, nope never had any problems with the physical strings either. Never a dull moment in D'Addario world :) A++++++ as they say on eBay!

I've used dozens of D'Addario sets for the past 5-6 years in all my basses. I only found one dead B string in a set and Thomann sent me a replacement string right away, no questions asked. You were very unlucky to recieve that set but lucky enough that D'Addario read your post and fixed your problem. ;)

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1475314761' post='3144926']
La Bella wanted a recording. [i]Seriously[/i].

Get a free set one dead string at a time...

DR are useless in my experience with customer service. It's a shame because I love their strings!
[/quote]
Mine was Rotosound. A G-string brome as I was fitting it. It had to go back to their lab and it took a month for them to get to the stage where I could go back to the shop and collect the single G string replacement.

In defence of Rotosound, and I'm no fanboy, I got a set of strings once from a guy I played with who is an endorser. So no receipt or shop to go back to. Set had the right amount of strings but two D strings and no G. Wrote to Rotosound, explained the pack had been opened but no strings installed. Asked if they wanted the single string back or the whole back. They were happy to send out a replacement string immediately with no proof of purchase or returned set. I was more than happy with that.

Edited by Gareth Hughes