Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB6P
£1400

yessokkey

Yamaha TRB6P in perfect shape , upgrade with Bartolini Pick up , Aguilar electronic OBP3 18V. (High - Bass - Mid switch 3 position ) original hard case , Dunlop strap Lock , Black dome knob .
Ebony fingerboard , perfect frets , double trussrod , sound and playability fantastic... what else...!
Including all original parts ( Pickup- electronic - knobs...)

Edited by yessokkey

[quote name='herbass' timestamp='1474803032' post='3140580']
So is it a TRB6II then?
[/quote]

No, as the seller states it is a TRB6P.

The TRB6II has a bolt on neck and doesn't have a piezo pickup. it also has an ash body. The TRB6P is a neck thru and has a piezo loaded bridge. The P features a maple body.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-basses/trb/trb6p/?mode=model

Edited by dyerseve

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1474803596' post='3140586']

No, as the seller states it is a TRB6P.

The TRB6II has a bolt on neck and doesn't have a piezo pickup. it also has an ash body. The TRB6P is a neck thru and has a piezo loaded bridge. The P features a maple body.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-basses/trb/trb6p/?mode=model
[/quote]

Yes, sorry I meant TRB6PII, wich it is apparently!

Cheers!

No, this is NOT a TRB6PII (MARK 2)
This is a TRB6P from the first series, just as the seller states.
It has the high-mass bridge as opposed to the monorail bridges that are on the TRB6PII. Also the pickups are narrower on this as on the TRB6PII. Also it has 5 knobs plus a switch whereas the TRB6PII has 6 knobs and no switch.
TRB6P's from the originial series are mostly coloured (trans red, blue and orange and blue occasionally), a natural one like this is quite rare. The TRB6PII's are all natural, using maple, bubinga or ovangkol top and back, and ash in between.
I advise the seller to measure the scale lenght, as it has to be 33 7/8" (cca. 860mms), not 35" (889mm)
This is a great bass by the way!

Edited by Paulhauser

Happy to stand corrected, was only going by the seller's assertion that it was a 35" scale. Pretty easy to clear up if the bass had just been measured!

I have a Mk I TRB6, it was my first bass and although it is a huge beast, it forced me to develop good technique as the neck is so wide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...