Why become a member? ×

Sold: Ibanez SR740, 2000, Jap built
£325

Grangur

Struggling to find my Scarlet 2i2. I've tried recording using a web-cam mic and it's all distorted... please bear with me. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Been playing it today though. The scope of tone is amazing. It goes from serious treble on the bridge pup and treble boost, to serious thunder bass on the neck split-coil that's enough to vibrate your fillings!

Edited by Grangur

Hey! The Scarlet 2i2 has landed!
Now I simply need to find out how to use one. That's all. Nothing hard in that is there? Or is there?
I've been at it an hour and I've got something into Reaper. I'm now trying to save it out of Reaper. Done the "Rendering". Opened it in Audacity and the file is silent... Watch this space...

OK, so now you can check out JUST how bad my playing is.

In defense, I've spent too long fixing basses in the past month. So the playing is truely "the pits". But, hey, it's the Ibby in action.

I've played on the Split coil, with Scooped, Bass boost only, Treble boost only.
Then bridge pup with the same - scooped, bass boost, and finally treble boost.

All were recorded with the Scarlet 2i2 straight into Reaper. The volume on the bass was always on full. The levels on the Scarlet were kept the same though-out.

If I get some more time I may do it all again, but you can generally get a feel for the growl and it's flavour.

http://soundcloud.com/grangur/ibanez-sr740

Thanks for the sound clips Richard. Still very tempted. I love the slim neck on my SR470. I'm torn between this and going completely in the opposite direction and getting a P-bass.

Edited by MoJo

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1477659777' post='3163665']
Thanks for the sound clips Richard. Still very tempted. I love the slim neck on my SR470. I'm torn between this and going completely in the opposite direction and getting a P-bass.
[/quote]
Now, now, don't be silly. You know nothing good will come from drifting off into other directions.

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1478072857' post='3166461']
Really nice, what are the neck laminations made of? Sorely tempting!
[/quote]

The wood looks mainly to be red mahogany as the colour and grain does appear to be the same as the body. The dark wood of the fingerboard has a grain like wenge, but it's darker than the wenge in my Warwick basses. But it's very likely to be a Japanese wood. So it could be Japanese wenge. It certainly isn't ebony as the grain is too course.

I also know there's no paint finish to the neck or fingerboard as, when I got it, the fingerboard was varnished. It used stripper to remove any varnish.

Edited by Grangur