Why become a member? ×

"This Is It" Michael Jackson movie

acidbass

Probably been done to death on BC, but just had my annual watch of 'This Is It'

Absolutely the greatest show on earth, what a pity it never happened. Alex Al on top form on bass, lovely pocket playing with the odd flourish. Spotted a couple of nice SR5s (fretted, fretless) and a 70s Jazz with an array of synth bass too.

If you haven't seen it - do yourself a favour and check it out! Superb musicianship all round and a great insight into the world of high level show production.

Haven't put my bass down since watching it earlier!

Danny

I thought it looked like it would be a great show.... I feel MJ could have lived up to the expectation one last time, which is always the problem..how to top the extravaganza before it..

I'm not sure of the personal side but as an artist, I think he still had 'it'.. and that is always a shame when cut down prematurely...

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1474044696' post='3135287']
I'd concur with Dropzone on the talent front, BUT, given what was supposed to be going down in the guy's personal life (and hey, let's just skim over the general weirdness here), it still amazes me that he continues to get airplay and no one says anything.
[/quote]True, you don't hear much Gary Glitter on the radio these days.

If one day things came to light , in a savile type way , I believe most of the general public and media would choose not to except it , who was that presenter in the middle of it all who introduced a Jacko video and said "it doesn't matter what you do in your personal life , all that matters is the music talent" or something like that ?

Still it's most likely incorrect to think there is anything to uncover , that's the problem with this kind of thing it's almost like terrorism , the celebs that have abused put suspicion on others who may not deserve it

Edited by lojo

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1474044696' post='3135287']
I'd concur with Dropzone on the talent front, BUT, given what was supposed to be going down in the guy's personal life (and hey, let's just skim over the general weirdness here), it still amazes me that he continues to get airplay and no one says anything.
[/quote]^ this, it continues to amaze me as well that he gets away with it just because he paid everybody off,