Why become a member? ×

Any Spacehog love out there?

Grassie

Just recently rediscovering the joy of Spacehog's debut "Resident Alien" - great tunes throughout (although they wore their Bowie influences on all of their sleeves...). Royston Langdon's great basslines, "In The Meantime" in particular. How he managed to play that line and sing at the same time... wow. :)
Hugely underrated and should've been massive. Who's with me? :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDkhl-CgETg[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4_qLSrIAdc[/media]

I saw them at Brum Uni (I think....) as part of a package tour. They were ace. It's prompted me to dig out that "Resident Alien" CD I haven't played for years. There were some fantastic bands in the 90's, that didn't get the attention they deserved - Belltower, Headswim, Nyack, Kinky Machine...the list goes on.

Edited by rushbo

[quote name='AustinArto' timestamp='1473976906' post='3134734']
I hate them.

I am also a bass player from Leeds and was living and gigging in NYC at the same time in the mid '90s. Todd Rundgren even hung out with us, *and* I'm taller than Langdon but I never bumped into Liv Tyler. :/

Hate that ****in band!
[/quote]
Oh dear... 😂

[quote name='AustinArto' timestamp='1473976906' post='3134734']
I hate them.

I am also a bass player from Leeds and was living and gigging in NYC at the same time in the mid '90s. Todd Rundgren even hung out with us, *and* I'm taller than Langdon but I never bumped into Liv Tyler. :/

Hate that ****in band!
[/quote]

Life can be so unfair 😉

There were a few bands/musicians and actual performances that really made me want to pursue bass. One of those performances and moments that still sticks out in my head was seeing Spacehog on TFI Friday playing 'in the meantime'. I saw Royston out front on bass playing such a great melodic groove and that was me sucked in to playing bass and singing in a rock band.

They had some great tunes across the albums but some of it was a bit lame. In the meantime still makes the hairs on my neck stand up as it was the soundtrack to some great years growing up.

Edited by NJE